TAMU Class of 2025 — Regular Decision

Agree with Mack. There’s Aggie jokes that go way back with stereotypes but the campus is as liberal and diverse as ever. I would not worry about your child in this sense, at all. A&M isnt a private religious college in the woods. I guarantee if your child goes, you will fall in love with it.

1 Like

My friend called A&M because he got waitlisted, and they told him that A&M was completely full, so they are going to send waitlists. Is that true to is this something they say to people who call them?

I did not go to TAMU. 3 siblings did. I will let others speak for the TAMU experience 1st hand. I attended UT. I was from a quiet suburb and UT was a lot to take in at age 18. I did and am grateful for the time there. I have since sent my oldest child to UT. That child’s 2 final schools to pick between were UT and TAMU. The reasons I listed are what that child weighed. City life vs. rural life. College only town or college as just one part of a big city. Lots of diversity and capitol city locale as a source of pride and school identity or patriotism and tradition and ag core as defining school features. My 1st kid wanted both but had to pick one. SEC or Big 12 is a biggie, too! There is NO wrong answer!!! I know TAMU has a free speech area and all views are respected. There are tons of student orgs at both places. I would have your child talk to students who go to both places. If they don’t have comfort in talking to slightly older kids, then have them talk to teachers at their school who went both places. Have them look up student orgs at both places. I do NOT have 1st hand experience at TAMU. My time was spent at UT as a business & law student in the 80’s and 90’s and now as a parent. I have 3 siblings who went to TAMU (none of the 3 were engineering). 2 of my kids have had TAMU as a finalist among their acceptances. I have no idea where my 2nd child - a senior this year - will end up. Both are GREAT places. Both have VERY large student bodies. There are over 50k undergrads at TAMU & over 40k at UT. I have to think that means there is a group at both schools that will “fit” all who attend! From one parent to another, good luck & trust your child who you have raised so well. :wink::heart::+1:

2 Likes

Parents are overthinking here.
Over 90% HS students don’t want to talk about messy politics, and whoever labelled UT as liberal and A&M as conservative must be a parent.

Half of entire A&M student body study engineering, another 25% in science, labs and projects filled their schedule every week. If you stay in College Station for a school week, you can find students running around labs and conversations are all about projects and deadlines. You don’t expect they have time to social and party.

UT’s largest college is liberal arts, then business, engineering rank 4th or 18% of student body. UT naturally has more EC activities around campus. Only the north side of UT with clusters of engineering buildings you will see the same atmosphere like A&M.

2 Likes

HAHA. I know that when I was a student at A&M, I never talked politics. It wasn’t until after I left that someone asked how I managed to live all those “conservatives.” I distinctly remember saying, “What conservatives?” At school, we mostly focused on school, getting drunk and yada yada yada.

I laughed at it too!

@FrisHiGH2021 is so accurate about the school atmosphere. Being a UT grad and A&M postgrad I wholeheartedly agree with that. UT students would get any party opportunities even Mardi Gras, later when I was in A&M I asked my lab partner what she planned on doing during Mardi Gras, she said “Mardi what? I will be lucky to get 2 hours of sleep tonight.” Personally I enjoyed the busy schedule of A&M. The engineering students looked quiet and hard working every day but the reward was sweet. I remembered back in 1997 our entire department graduates got hired two months before graduation.

My son applied sept 15th

Anybody have any insight on how hard it is to get an answer changed on an application?? DS did not check the “Interested” box for BLINN Team and I couldn’t find anything about Gateway.

I can speak from last year. My daughter was waitlisted last year. She was pretty much told that A&M had maxed out on their offers. Although, on this board, we would still see others admitted here and there. The admissions counselor pretty much told my daughter that it was now just wait and see how many offers got turned down and then those open spots would start being offered to the waitlist. He also said that the waitlist was not in numerical order (for example: if you are first on the waitlist, you are first to get an offer). You are just on a waitlist. Not sure how they choose? My daughter applied to Chemistry and was admitted to Chemistry in mid April. After being admitted, the next day she changed major to Allied Health and was accepted within 24 hours. So I guess there were open spots in both??? Last year, you had to make a decision by May 1 - so they told us waitlist offers could even come after that.

2 Likes

My son got his official letter today from TAMU School of Engineering. I am so very proud of him! 6 tabs yesterday, official letter today.
Thank you all for your advice during this journey

7 Likes

You will still be considered for team whether or not you clicked it. It’s more of getting an idea then it being all or nothing. As for gateway, there’s no question about that. There are very few students who are offered this route.

And no, I’ve been told there are no changes that can be made after submission (I don’t even think you can even before deadline but I’m not positive).

1 Like

We have signed a lease at The Sterling on Northgate for my daughter. Nice off campus apartment.

Howdy Everyone! I hope everyone is well. So I do not know if anyone has gotten this same error message on the Howdy Portal, however I’ve found the past few days when I get onto the “Manage Application” section on HOWDY it shows some sort of message at first such as “Session Error” or something around that. Afterwards if I refresh the page it goes back to normal or if I exit “Manage Applications” and go back it changes to the same “Under Review.” Could it possibly mean a decision is coming or if its just a simple little problem that everyone gets? I’m just anxious at this point, extremely. Also I hear talk about how there is rumors that A&M is supposedly full with its applicant acceptances and I am still currently under review as a Liberal Arts Major for both my first and second choice majors. I just wonder if I still have a chance! I hope everyone is well!

Same error message and everything your seeing here. We’re giving it a week and then my daughter is going to accept another offer. Same major by they decided in 2 weeks, it’s not worth her sanity at this point. Good luck

2 Likes

My daughter is seeing the same exact thing and she is an Education and Human Development major. I find it hard to believe that the entire school is full; it does seem that most people who have gotten accepted are from Engineering and Business. Have also heard of people that have been waitlisted. We are trying to be patient but it is hard, especially when there are other good college offers out there now!

3 Likes

When do they announce any scholarship information for engineering ? Is there anything for OOS students ? There was nothing mentioned in the acceptance letter

2 Likes

I am so confused. My daughter’s LA choice does not show a BLINN pathway either. I called the local Dallas office and was told that those are the guaranteed pathways and that BLINN was offered to others and some of the schools just do not have a guaranteed path.

Did the Dallas office happen to mention whether Liberal Arts is completely full now?

Has been pretty quiet this week other than the few waitlists options and a few engineering offers. Hopefully next week will bring some activity!!

2 Likes

Howdy!
I’m a senior and I applied November 24th and still have not heard anything at all. I’m getting really nervous!! My major is psychology and I have no idea if anyone else has heard anything. Also, what are the tabs everyone is talking about? I’m so lost!!