TAMU Class of 2025 — Regular Decision

In the Howdy portal, there are 3 tabs…when admission is granted they change to 6 tabs. AIS then updated in a day or two (sometimes it takes up to a week) with the official “You have been Admitted”.

If you take a moment to scroll up and read the entire thread hear (or at least posts from the past 2 months) you’ll find the specific names of the “tabs” in Howdy and what to look for. This question gets asked and answered almost weekly.

Thank you!

1 Like

Right now, its safe to assume that Engineering and Mays are full. Mays has been full for a while, and we’ve seen the wait list roll out happen for engineering. Do not assume that any other majors are full right now.

I currently have a 3.9 GPA, however, I got a 25 on my ACT. I chose psychology as my major but I don´t really know the requirements to be accepted. Do I have a chance of being accepted?

Anyone know someone who has been flat out rejected yet? Like a thanks, but no thanks letter? Will a message on the portal eventually show up that you weren’t accepted or are you notified by mail?

Sorry so many questions, but my son has very substantial scholarships to other colleges so trying to decide how much longer to wait.

1 Like

You never get fully rejected. You’re either admitted fully, sorta admitted (Gateway/Blinn Team) or PSA.

If you really want to be an Aggie, they will figure out how to get you to Aggieland.

1 Like

Any thoughts on how we should interpret that some of our still-waiting kids are getting asked about Blinn/waitlist and some are not?

Does anyone know when the S2M invites will be going out?

How come you say it’s safe to assume that both engineering and Mays are full but there are still kids that are not on the waitlist and have not even been offered waitlist or PSA?

2 Likes

I know the waiting game is super hard… same thing happened to my son in 2019. He applied in September and got the Engineering Academy offer in mid February. He loves the Academy and is very thankful he chose to accept it. He likes his Rellis classes alot. Hang in there because it is worth it!!! Good luck!

1 Like

What were your son’s scores and GPA and whatnot? If you recall, of course.

If I understood someone on here correctly, (and I apologize for not recalling exactly who) the sentiment was that TAMU was waiting to see if more qualified individuals applied before making a decision on those hanging in the balance. Is that the general consensus?! If so, please chance a 31 ACT (31 math, 33 science); 5.1 W 3.98 UW mostly Honors and AP courses, including chem, biology, Calc BC,
NHRP recipient; EC’s to include computer programming internships and starting a non-profit and HOBY award leadership.
We are worried now! Is this app competitive?

1 Like

Applications have all been reviewed by now. I’m sure they are still sorting through them for round 2 or 3.

The test scores and course rigor are great plus ECs and awards! What was the class ranking? That’s a big one.

I have no doubt he will get at a minimum Academy offer. MINIMUM. Could be Galveston too, which is great. When did he submit app?

We submitted back in October. He was top 8% so auto-admit. We have other acceptances and merit aid so…

Thx! Just frazzled at this point

2 Likes

Hopefully, we’ll all get an answer back soon, best of luck to yours!

Oh sorry, didn’t realize you were in but just waiting on engineering. Oops. I cannot imagine you (him) not getting full admit. Like would be shocked.

Looked back at the class of 2024 discussion and saw where the first Blinn Team offer post first showed up Jan 21. Hopefully we will see these start rolling out!

1 Like

Two of my friends got accepted into engineering yesterday so I’ve been getting really anxious. Their stats were better than mine, so I expected them to hear back first. One had a 1440 SAT and was ranked bottom of the first quartile, the other is ranked 10.7% with a 1360. My SAT wasn’t very good at a 1290 and I’m ranked 10.5%. It’s been almost 6 months since I applied.

He had a 4.0 with a 27 ACT. A lot of leadership & extras. I’m still waiting on my daughter…she applied in August and hasn’t heard anything. She doesn’t have a a 4.0 or an ACT score but hoping she’ll get Blinn Team based on her overall resume. The waiting drives us nuts!