TAMU Class of 2025 — Regular Decision

No they did not. Also, when go onto my daughter’s AIS it still shows her first and 2nd choice…both liberal arts.

I thought most of the waitlist offers were for non-engineering people. Engineering people have been getting offers this week.

Engineering is all full at college station? Oh :persevere:. We are still waiting with no change in portal. How do we know if it’s a waitlist? Can all engineering majors who are still waiting say Yes here. So we know we are not alone.

I am still waiting, but i dont think engineering is full.

Also waiting on Engineering. Certainly hope it’s not full. :unamused:

I called today, engineering is not full. My son is also waiting, application submitted October 16th.

4 Likes

Also waiting on Engineering. Application submitted in September.

Still waiting on Engineering. Top 20% at competitive high school and applied in August.

Oh thanks everyone for responding. September and October applicants are still waiting. My son applied in late November.

Half of entire A&M students are engineering, it can’t be full this early.

1 Like

Just for those who are looking for another insight. I applied to the engineering department at A&M.
Date Applied: October 1st
GPA: 96.3 W/3.7115 UW
SAT: 1360/780 Math/580 Reading and Writing
Accolades: NHS, 3 yrs football, 4 yrs baseball, 3 yrs UIL teams, Boys State Graduate, 8 college courses including 7 AP classes with Calc BC, 50+ community service hours
There’s basically my entire resume lol. Hopefully, we’ll get an answer soon.

3 Likes

Applied in late Sept, engineering. Still waiting.

Applied early August and I’m still waiting.

Do the fine folks still waiting mind sending stats to see if we can spot a trend- or to try to ascertain if it’s just general randomness?

I emailed my admissions rep today and she said that engineering decisions won’t be completely released until mid-March. I also asked if there was still space left at College-Station but that wasn’t answered.

1 Like

1290 SAT
5.1/5 weighted GPA
Ranked 10.58% out of 604
7 AP classes
Average grade of about a 94 (Usually all As and one 89 in my hardest class)
4 Yr sport 2 Yr varsity
NHS
Applied August 4th for Aerospace Engineering with Mathamatics BS as my second major.
I also mentioned that I had 6 family members who attended A&M and two that currently go there, I’m not sure if that helps but I figured I’d include it. I’m pretty sure my SAT is the reason I have yet to hear back but I had trouble trying to take another.

For my Son who is still in Review:

Applied: 10/14- App completed and SRAR linked 10/18

Instate
Class Rank: 179/1103 (16%)

Test Optional

GPA: 3.62 UW/4.32 W

5 AP’s/4 Dual Cresdit (rest all honors/PreAp classes)

4 years Marching Band—Section Leader this year

NHS
Interact Club

close to 100 hours community service

Boys State 2020 (participated in the virtual conference due to covid cancellation of the week in Austin)

Student Election Clerk in March Primaries & General Election

Selected for our city’s Youth Action Council

Maintained a part time job since 10th grade

Applied for Mays 1st choice and Econ 2nd choice

1 Like

I keep reading everyone’s post about their SAT and ACT scores. I thought it wasn’t suppose to matter this year? I mean, if you submitted them and they weren’t to the normal level of acceptance, I thought they weren’t considering them. Which, if they are in the file, I don’t see how they could realistically ignore them. However, many people submitted theirs to show that their student had prepared ahead and tried— even if they didn’t get to retake and get the score they had hoped for.
I’m just so confused and frustrated bc it seems they told us they wouldn’t matter but now it seems they do.

2 Likes

They definitely matter, me and a friend have the same stats except my grades are a little better and his SAT is 70 points higher and he’s already got in. Having a lower SAT probably wont “hurt” me but it definitely puts me lower on the list than those with higher scores.

Teaves-what was your friend’s SAT?