TAMU Class of 2025 — Regular Decision

@rhatcher my son also aerospace and I am looking at this forum like crazy and he is calm and composed.

1 Like

Same! He has a good second choice he was accepted into- he doesn’t seem to even bother with worrying! lol

1 Like

Yep! I have it bookmarked! haha

1 Like

Hard to say just based on that. There are just so many spaces and places for engineering. With other majors, the only option that is still considered an acceptance is Blinn Team. FYI Gateway is a full acceptance with requirements so I view them differently.

So 2nd quarter with a strong course rigor and good ECs and essay can have a solid chance, just really depends. I’m sorry I’m not much help.

4 Likes

Maybe I misread this, but is the idea of liberal arts being finished with direct acceptances a real possibility? At this time should it be full?

2 Likes

Shot in the dark here. Could it be that you applied Business Honors first and the system only allows one department Honors application at a time? Whereas you may apply for University Honors and Department Honors. I have no information to confirm this, it just popped up in my little brain.

He applied for Business Honors and University Honors. It should allow him to apply to both. Very frustrating because now there is no way to know if the application went through. He worked hard on the essay about explaining the internet to someone in the past. I have emailed them again to get further clarification. I am hoping they will look to see if it was received. Not knowing leaves so much in the air… will he receive an acceptance/rejection letter if he did not get the intilial confirmation that others got? If not, how will we know? He has strong stats and good essays, so I find it hard to believe he would not get accepted. (top 3% at a large high school, 34 on ACT, 13 AP classes, strong ECs with leadership, over 200 hours of volunteering, working part time since he turned 16 at the same job…)

He REALLY wants Business Honors, and is “above the curve” for that in terms of class rank and test scores. However, I know several people here have already heard back. I wish it was all more concrete and if you meet the expectations you get accepted. Not sure what else he could have done!

Congrats!! sending you a PM.

For those who haven’t heard anything back yet, don’t lose hope! I was looking at the forums from previous years and acceptances have been going out all through February so there is still hope. And I’m sure with this pandemic, a lot of acceptances are being pushed back. I’m not sure if they are still sending out full admissions anymore because I heard a rumor that they were full for full admits?? but i know blinn/academy is still coming. But hopefully that rumor is false and there is still room for full admits!

5 Likes

Thank you! That does help. I will reach out to them and find out if I can get the link. He won’t get one since they do not have his email (I am assuming) since we did not get the confirmation email. Do you know what time the University Honors meeting is on 1/29? He has a varsity basketball game that night… maybe I can jump on for him.

Sending you DM

Following…have the same question!

2 Likes

This is my 2nd child to go thru college admissions. Neither as a high school senior gave my husband or me access to their portals. We have helped edit essays or resumes, but have never spent time on a single portal or application site. We have respected that as this is their journey (at their request). We get their need to give independence a go to prep them for college & beyond (and understand the importance of them learning to live with the consequences of their actions - like missing an email or deadline, etc). So, sorry, I have no idea what the portal says or if my senior got a confirmation or not!

3 Likes

I wish I could say my child is as independent. We are working on it! Thank you for the response!

4 Likes

just going through the process with my first child. And while he is independent in almost every other aspect of his life, from cooking to laundry to managing all his activities - this is one where I required full visibility. because I’m freaking paying for it :slight_smile:
he chose the schools, did the applications, and such. but he’s still in high school, managing a full load, and participating in two sports. So… figured I could help the kid out (and make sure we maximize our $$ options!)

9 Likes

That is kind of how I feel. He is in marching band and varsity basketball, 5 AP classes and works part time. I have WAY more time than he does to keep all this straight!

6 Likes

Every one of us, parent or child, are doing what’s best and right for them. If possible, let’s focus on that!

I really hope there is a wave this week. We need some good mojo happening for all of you that have waited this long. Luckily we are in the home stretch. For those that got the offer of waitlist/team option, the wait could be longer but at least you’ve had some action on your application.

Hang in there peeps.

9 Likes

February 4th was a big day last year for a lot of people by what it seems from last year’s forum. So hopefully there will be at least some action in the next week or so.

6 Likes

Did y’all have to send in Senior grades for A&M admissions?

TAMU doesn’t require mid year grades, only the final high school transcript after senior year has ended.

1 Like