TAMU Engineering Chances

I am currently an in-state junior c/o 2020
GPA: 4.40 / 5 weighted
95+ in all math and science classes
NHS member
Team Captain for soccer
Volunteered with the high school for engineering on multiple occasions and run the clock for soccer games.

And a 1330 SAT (670 math 660 English)

Isn’t both UT Austin and TAMU have an automatic acceptance? I think with your ranking you should be good for both. I think TAMU the top 10% if I am correct and UTAustin top 6%

You are automatic admission to the university but will be reviewed for admission to the engineering major. Your math score is OK. Your GPA isn’t considered. You should go read the engineering thread from the last admission cycle. Also, go read up on the engineering program website. Getting in isn’t as difficult as staying in. Also read the ETAM thread. It is around a 55% retention rate of those who enter engineering that graduate with an engineering degree. Students realize engineering isn’t for them and for others, the classes remove them from the major.

Hopefully you are studying to improve your test score, seems to me like you could make that more desirable for engineering. How many times have you sat that test, what level of math are you in?

This will be my third test and I’ve taken up to Pre-cal so far but I am taking calculus next year.

If you are #2, you are in at TAMU and UT Austin.

However that does not guarantee engineering admissions to either school.

TAMU is no longer first come first serve for engineering majors. You’ll have to wait until Jan 2020 to find out if you are admitted. If you get your application in before October 15 you might find out in December. 1330 is not a fantastic score for engineering.

Good luck.