TAMU Engineering Honors Question

Hi! I received an email from tamu encouraging me to apply for the engineering honors program. I submitted the application around a week ago and I haven’t heard back yet so I was just wondering how long they usually take to reply. Also, I have a question if anyone has experience with the application system - for my reference, it says it was “received” but next to “action” it shows “ - - - - -“. Does this mean the reference letter wasn’t submitted yet? Thank you!!

@eeeeeek123 My son checked his app to see, and it shows the same for reference - recieved and — under action. He was told by his reference that it was already submitted, so I think your reference letter is submitted. I think my son applied a week or two ago and he is waiting to hear back as well. I did a quick search on Reddit and they make it sound like Eng Honors is easy to get into and not super selective. However I did find one post from someone rejected by Eng Honors and accepted into University Honors, so who knows?

@Lalibela I just got accepted today, I guess that meant that the reference letter was uploaded!

@eeeeeek123 Congratulations! How did they notify you? Hopefully my son will hear back soon.

@Lalibela I’m sure he will! They just sent an email to notify me.

My son got into Eng Honors! Whoop!

Congrats to you. My son applied late (mid-April). Roughly how long did it take to get a decision? Thanks you!