TAMU Engineering Regular decision Fall 2020

Howdy!
I figured I would create a thread for Engineering applicants since some of us are still agonizing over the wait. I didn’t see a separate Engineering thread, if already exists please redirect.
Please post your stats and let us know if you got accepted or are waiting for a decision, specifically Engineering.

In state/OOS:
When applied and when accepted:
Major choice:
ACT/SAT Scores:
WGPA / UW GPA:
Class rank:
ECs:

Anything else that you can add that will help this year’s and next year’s students.
Thanks!

OOS
Applied 8/6/19 - Academic Admit on 9/19/19 - Engineering Admit on 10/16/19
Aeronautical
1450 - 690V 760M
4.8W 3.8U
Doesn’t rank, but likely 35/430
Orchestra, track, peer writing mentor, Freshman Orientation Leader, NHS

Advice to other applicants: write good, personal, meaningful essays. Don’t be a robot and don’t just write what you think they want to hear. I think essays have helped a lot.

In state/OOS: In state

When applied and when accepted: 9/29/19, accepted around 10/7/19, accepted into Engineering 10/29/ 19

Major choice: Engineering

ACT/SAT Scores: 31

WGPA / UW GPA: 4.1

Class rank: 11%

ECs: from school- Mu Alpha Theta, engin. club, NASA Hunch, some business club,
hobbies- coding- proficient in programs coding, built some computers, Led teams of other game developers , Study of ancient and modern languages. Microsoft awards, Stanford invitation for summer school, commended in NMS, and more…

Definitely agree withPAAggie204- essay is really important. Personal essay even more. Resume would be very important in holistic reviews like engineering. My son has good stats, but nothing extraordinary, but he put effort to essay and resume. He got into engineering.

Thank you @ PAAggie204 and @MomOfTeens77 .

Hoping to hear more this weekend- anyone hear of another wave of RD Engineering Admits?