TAMU Engineering vs NYU Engineering

I learned of my acceptance into the Tandon School of Engineering for a BS in Computer Science today!

I was preparing myself to be rejected, but now I have to come to a conclusion of which school to choose.

Which school’s department for Computer Science is better for undergrad, and which school would benefit me the most?

Thanks!

NYU is probably better, but it also probably costs way more. If you can afford it, go for NYU (they aren’t really well known for financial aid though).

@kn395349 Congratulation! It is really up to you. If you are a Texas resident, it is going to cost you much less than NYU. You should also consider the cost of living in both cities. College Station is a small town where you can spend much less than New York. But on the other hand, the city is really small, and I don’t think you find a good internship. When it comes to ranking, both are excellent schools. I could not find any ranking for the undergrad level but based on the grad school NYU’s rank is 30 and TAMU’s rank is 43.

It’s not worth paying that kind of money to go to a private school unless your parents are wealthy. Whatever bump in salary you might get from the prestige would be more than nullified by all the debt you would have to manage. The “rankings” aren’t even that much higher. You’re far better off at Texas A&M…assuming you live in Texas.