TAMU Fall 2015 Transfer Thread

Please provide your information GPA-Credit-Class taken-Major applied for

@Yoohooos‌ Hey! Just found this page because I am applying as well. How difficult is it to get into A&M compared to UT?

GPA: 3.6
Hours: 18
Major: Communications

I obviously don’t have the 24 hours so I’m waiting to see if I get deferred for spring review

@Kyotoraz‌ well, my opinion UT definitely is wayyy harder than TAMU, especially in science and engineering. Both UT and TAMU, I applied for Eng but my 2nd choice for TAMU is Physics

GPA: 4.0
Hours: 60+
Major: Construction Science

Does anyone know the time frame acceptance is announced?

@julianciarella I heard it’s anytime from the end of February to Mid March depending on when you turn in your application and all the materials with it

Gpa currently 3.42
Gpa if I get A’s this semester: 3.63
Hours currently: 19
Hours after spring: 30
Major: computer science
OOS transfer (Virginia)

What are my chances after spring?

On the transfer application in the extracurricular activities section, is it looking for activities I have done after highschool or from highschool to now?

If i am transferring is it best to get a recommendation letter from someone at the community college or overall from highschool to now?

@JSL0531‌ its ddepends on what class you are taking, and what grade did you earn for specific class. Can you provide list of class you took and you are taking currently?

GPA 3.58
Hours 17
After Spring 34
Major: Industrial Distribution

What are my chances after spring? I am currently taking Calc 2, Physics 1, History 2, Microeconomics, and Business Law. I will have all the transfer sheet classes completed but one at the end of this semester.

Also, should I get a letter of rec from a high school teacher, college professor, or employer of three years?

In years past when have people heard back from A&M on transfer status?

Thanks!

GPA: 3.47
Hours: 36
After Spring: 52
Major: Allied Health or Genetics

I just really wanna hear back already! What is everyone doing about housing?

Does anyone know if AP credits count towards the 24 required hours? I’ve already accepted them and they’re on my transcript, so with those extra hours I would have 28 instead of 16.

Cjscoot…they did not count my daughters AP courses towards her 24 Graded hours for the transfer requirements.

Good luck to everyone trying to transfer in! I transferred in for this spring from a CC with 82 hours, 3.6 GPA, all transferable classes completed for my engineering major, some letters of recommendation, internship for 2 years at a large oil field company and submitted my application back in August.

I know they accepted only 5 people into most majors in engineering over the winter but I’m sure they will be accepting more then that for the fall.

I was able to find off campus housing very easily. The better places do fill up quickly so I would but a deposit down early if you are confident with getting in. However there are lots of options so you should always be able to find something. Good luck!

@ilovemath987‌ Hey, what major did you get in?

Has anyone heard anything?

I was accepted into civil engineering.

hi guys! so I sent in my apply Texas application on january 1st. My school doesn’t use SPEEDE so I had to order my transcripts and mail them off myself. A&M received them on january 16th and as of Feb. 13th everything has been processed and now i’m under review.

my stats:
Applied to the college of geosciences for Meteorology
cal1: A, cal2 and cal 3: B, Physics 1: B (however, i did have to retake the course, the first time i got a C) and i got A’s in Chem 1 and Chem 2.
In my basic courses such as polisci, psych etc i got all A’s.
Dual credit from hs: 6hrs of history, one A and one B.

Currently i’m enrolled in Diffequ, Physics 2, philosophy, and communications.
i’m not sure how long it’ll take to get a decision. Even though i’ve completed the required coursework for admission, I’m nervous they’ll ask for my spring grades since I did have to retake physics 1 to get a B. What do you think my chances are?

Good luck to all of you wanting to transfer in and congrats to those that have been accepted already :slight_smile:

@ilovemath987‌ Hey, can I PM you? I really need an internship in the oil company. Thank you!!

Yes you can pm me but I must say now is not the best time for the old field of course. They have been cutting a ton of people and are not hiring for now.

@emilyKB‌ I would say your chances are really good! They might want to see your physics 2 grade though of course so I wouldn’t expect a decision to be made soon. Best of luck to you!