TAMU Fall 2015 Transfer Thread

Accepted to Education today!

@ravishingrick What were your stats?

GPA 3.5 took all the recommend coursework recommended by A&M.

Weird… AIS said I was admitted yesterday for Electrical Engineering. Now it says that I’m back in review. Is this happening to anyone else?

@ForwardLooking Yeah that happened to me this morning as well. I called admissions and they said that the AIS has to temporarily display “Complete and In Review” again so they can send out the acceptance letters, but the decision still stands.

@LazarusMission Ah. Thank for the reply! I was worried for a bit there.

Hey! Has anyone who applied liberal arts college received a decision yet? I’ve noticed it’s only been science majors mostly. I’m trying to transfer to International Studies. I just finished my freshman year at American University in DC so I’m hoping to know if I have to move across the country in two months or not… I have a 3.5 GPA at AU and have had two internships so far in DC. I’m also a D1 basketball cheerleader and involved in my sorority and campus ministry. I’m hoping it will be an easy transition, but I had to send in my spring grades because I didn’t have enough hours.

My transcript was received 5/20 and went under review 6/3.

Also, don’t we have to register for a New Student Conference by July 1st…if we don’t find out until mid-July, how is that possible?

Thanks in advance!

@DCadventurer Hey! I was wondering the same thing. I also applied to the college liberal of arts but with a sociology major. I have a question though. Would you mind being NSC buddies if I (hopefully) get in? I don’t know anyone transferring, and I don’t want to be alone there.

My application is complete and under review as of 6/4. I think it will take about two to three weeks at most to hear something back, but that is just my guess.

Please pray that I get in!

@cctamed @DCadventurer I applied for liberal arts as a communication major! I still haven’t heard anything back either! And mine went into review 6/3 as well. I called the liberal arts department and they told me that since mine just went into review last week it’ll take at least 1-2 more weeks for a decision

@Gardenflower Thank you so much for the information! :slight_smile:

Does anyone know how retaken courses are calculated? I took a dual credit class in HS a couple years back and got a D in it, but I got an A in it when I retook it at my community college this spring.

@cctamed Of course! I’m gonna have to do the August NSC because I’m interning in DC this summer and can’t leave until mid August. And prayers all around. I’m sure you’ll be fine!

@cctamed on the texas a&m transfer page it says this is how they calculate gpa. " Grades for all transferable courses are used to calculate GPA, including: failing grades, repeated courses, Withdraw/Fail, Incomplete, etc." & you can check your audit report in howdy to see your gpa!

I just got accepted today to the college of architecture

What does it mean when both of your tabs now show your second major.

My second choice and first choice are now the same? ??

I found out it means you were not accepted by your first choice.

would you mind sharing your stat please @imfromtexas1223

3.5 GPA, 24 hours, attended Lone Star College

WAS JUST ACCEPTED TO TAMU!! It was for my degree in Computer Science. These are the classes I took:

Texas Govt.(3) B
American Govt.(3) A
US History 1(3) A
US History 2 (3) A
Social Psychology(3) A (Didn’t directly transfer as a class but transferred as a credit)
Programming (Java)(4) C (Didn’t directly transfer as a class but transferred as a credit)
Calculus 1 (4) A
Chemistry 1 (4) A
English Comp 1 (3) B

30 Credits Earned: GPA 3.53

I am Out of State from Virginia and I am looking to get the in-state waiver that the corps of cadets gives out.

In my Essays I explained how I wanted to join the Corps of Cadets and how I wanted to join the military and government afterwards to work in Cyber Security.