TAMU Fall 2015 Transfer Thread

thanks, but ugh that makes me nervous just because i’d like to get the early NSC rather than the one in august, and I’m also nervous about finding housing if they decide to do that. The advisor I talked to said it’s unlikely that’ll happen but she transferred departments and she said she didn’t know if they had a replacement for her yet so until then i think she told me the atmo applications will be reviewed by the dean of the college which makes me extra nervous.

@emilyKB My daughter didn’t find out she was accepted until early in June last summer. She was still able to get an early NSC with no problems. However you may want to consider securing off campus housing now. Some of the apartment complexes will let you out of the lease if you are denied admission. You just have to ask when touring them.

well for the college of geosciences the only NSC’s offered are in May and August :frowning:
That is good to know about the housing, though! i plan on going up there during spring break to look at apartments. Did your daughter have over the minimum hours required at the time of applying? or did they wait to tell her because her spring hours brought her to the min 24 requirement? Did they ask for her spring grades or did y’all just have to hope and wait that long?

@emilyKB. My daughter had to submit her spring grades, she only had 16 hours towards the 24 graded hours. She also had a 3.96 GPA when she applied. And when she submitted her spring grades she had a 4.0. She attended Sam Houston State her freshman year. She was able to begin her sophomore year at A&M. She applied to the College of Liberal Arts. NSC was I think in July. And she secured her classes no problem. Plus she made sure Sam electronically sent her transcript ASAP. Plus she hand delivered one. A&M prefers electronic. Just make sure your current school does it as soon as your grades are given.

Hi guys, I applied to Landscape Architecture and want to know my chances of getting in.

Current GPA: 4.0
Hours:15 (ENGL-1301 A, MATH-1314 A, MATH-1324 A, MUSI-1306 A, HIST-1301 A).
Hour after spring: 28 ( COSC-1301, SOCI-1301, MATH-1325, GEOL-1403).
After spring GPA: Expecting 3.86 or 3.71

I took one(MATH-1324) required course last fall, and taking rest of the required courses(GEOL-1403 and MATH-1325) this spring. and I think my essay is decent.
What are my chances after spring for Landscape Architecture?

@Pixar15‌ I think your chances are good! Your GPA is great and you’ll have all the required coursework completed! they might defer the decision until after they get the spring grades because you’re still taking some of the required coursework. Just make sure you keep your grades up and I’m sure you’ll be fine :slight_smile:

so i just logged in to howdy and my option for my second choice major is no longer there? it used to be listed as major #2 and Program #2 but now it’s not there at all. just my first choice major. is that normal?

Yes that happened to me! One day it was there & the next day I got accepted

@Ambreium2016‌ I don’t have the two extra tabs in howdy though! Aren’t those supposed to pop up before you get accepted? and my status still says “under review” :confused:

Yeah it sometimes take a little bit to update, your second major being gone means they are more than likely working on your application. My tabs didn’t pop up until I was accepted!

Hi Everyone! So I finally got my application sent in this weekend. I am currently trying to get an idea of the admission process and how everything works.

I got my AIS set up and submitted a few extra document this morning, a transfer resume and some letters of recommendation.

My application currently says “in progress” and I am trying to understand what that means, and what the next “step” will be after that. If anyone have some extra time to explain this to me it would be very much appreciated!

For those who are interested in some stats:
1st (and only) choice: Mays Business School
GPA: 4.0
Credit hours: 48
Letters of recommendation: 4

When should I start my obsessive lookout for admission?

Good luck everyone! :smiley:

@ecollin‌ if they haven’t received your transcript yet or if you know that they have it, give it quite a few business days for it to show up in the system. If they were sent electronically it won’t take as long as it took for mine. I had to send them by mail and it actually took several weeks for everything to be processed. Once everything is processed your AIS will update to “compete and in review” and then it’s just playing the waiting game until a decision is made. I think the wait time just depends on the department and however many applicants they have to go through. Just make sure you check the howdy portal (sometimes it updates before AIS) and keep checking AIS as well. You seem like a strong applicant, i wish you the best of luck :slight_smile:

@emilyKB Same thing is happening with my Howdy. I really hope we both got accepted if thats what it means! Im just nervous. I been accepted to UH and Texas Tech and still waiting on TAMU.

@TamuvsUH‌ Yeah, i hope so! Nothing new popped up today and to me it seems a little bit soon since everything was finally considered “processed” last friday. I was told the department could still see everything though so idk. What major did you apply for?
Also, UH is a great school! I liked the campus, i’ve visited a few times. My major is not offered there, though. I hope we both get in!

@emilyKB Same here nothing :confused: I applied for Petroleum engineering but there are a few people that I know that got accepted for it already for fall, but they haven’t even started calculus or anything so Im hoping this semester they go easy on the applicants.

@TamuvsUH how did they manage that, isn’t it basically required to have courses like that completed?

When did you apply btw? And when was everything processed?

@emilyKB Thats exactly what I thought. Like for any engineering cal one and or 2 must be complete or in progress at least. I applied the first night 1/1 and yes everything has a check mark on it and under review for the past 2 weeks.

@‌TamuvsUH are you sure they aren’t in coming freshman? Engineering is very selective so it doesn’t seem right that they would accept transfers without those courses since competive applicants would have them completed.

Anyone hear from TAMU yet? I’m an OOS business major from a Massachusetts state school.

Last semester I recieved a 3.75 GPA making my CUM GPA a 3.174. I am involved in many organizations such as Management Comsulting Club, DECA (a business club) and the Black Student Union.

I just paid my $75 app fee, so crossing my fingers I get in. I did get into IUs business program though

@emilyKB yes, they are in my chem 2 class and are transfers into TAMU. They said they turned an extra paper which makes them be admitted much quicker than the rest of the people. But I never heard of such a form.