TAMU Fall 2015 Transfer Thread

@TamuvsUH that’s so weird I’ve never heard of that.

Has anyone heard back from the electrical engineering department yet?

@tamuvsUH. You should go on Texasags forum. Academics tab and ask Jon about this so called form for faster admittance. Never seen that mentioned there. Seems very strange. If you don’t have the required classes, your app can’t even get to the college you applied for. Find it kinda strange. If there is a form everyone would be using it don’t you think?

@Cmsparent Thats exactly What I thought. I even asked him and showed him the only form for transfers the PTA form he said its that one, but I know it doesn’t include engineer majors but he said he got accepted for petroleum engineering for fall 2015

@TamuvsUH honestly even if there is some magic form that gets you accepted early, no engineering department/major would accept you as a transfer without calculus!

i agree with @‌Cmsparent
also remember how competitive engineering is even if you have your classes completed. You could also call the department itself and ask about it.

@TamuvsUH‌ Wonder if her had outstanding stats. My daughter lacked on math course when she applied for transfer and her app didn’t even make past admissions to the actual College of Liberal Arts. And that is somewhat easier to get into than COE. And she had to submit spring grades. She was accepted after that. However, they did stress to her the higher GPA the easier it was for transfer with all the required courses towards the major tract. What is a PTA form?

PTA form is for transfer students. They have to meet a certain criteria then they are eligible for automatic transfer. yes math is very essential in transferring. I have A’s on my Cal 1 and 2 hopefully the same on cal 3

@TamuvsUH‌ that still doesn’t make sense though. That program does exist but I’m pretty sure you still have to complete the courses for your major such as calc and physics.

@TamuvsUH‌ My daughter had a friend who went to CC for one year. He too still had a class to complete that was required class for his major. Wonder if he used this PTA form, because he actual got his admittance prior to my daughters and didn’t have to submit spring grades. However he had more than the 24 hours and the CC he attended didn’t offer him the required class he needed towards his major tract. So he went to the Dean of the College at A&M (and I am not sure which one that was). And got the approval granted for fall 2014 admission. He recieved his admittance a month or so prior to my daughter. Which she got hers by June 5th 2014. His Howdy didn’t update though until after my daughters. Was kinda weird.

@Cmsparent @TamuvsUH I checked the website for information on PTA.
"Texas A&M University currently has the following degree plans available to students of participating community colleges who wish to transfer via PTA.

College of Agricultural and Life Sciences

College of Architecture

College of Education and Human Development

College of Geosciences

College of Science

College of Liberal Arts"

Engineering is not listed, so I wouldn’t trust what your classmates have said.

@emilyKB @Cmsparent‌ Exactly, I don’t. It sounds impossible. I called the petroleum engineering department today and they said that the decisions would be released after March 1. Thats what the office of admission said as well. They want everyone to apply before they pick. And does talking to the dean really help your chances to being admitted to TAMU? or do they just give you a faster decision?

The “'my records” and “my finances” tabs just showed up in howdy this morning!! Manage applications still says “under review” but it’s still a good sign!!

@emilyKB‌ congrats! Now you can start planning.

@emilyKB Congrats! :slight_smile:

Thank you! :slight_smile:

@TamuvsUH‌ I hope you hear something fairly soon! I think it’s only happened fast for me because the college of geosciences is small and doesn’t get as many applicants as engineering does.

@emilyKB Thanks :slight_smile: I hope so too! They make everyone wait a long time for a school that does rolling admissions. Every time I log onto Howdy I get nervous. Especially because I haven’t seen those 2 tabs yet. Just pray for me that I get into the Petroleum Engineering program :slight_smile: lol I need a bunch of prayers now :stuck_out_tongue:

Hey everyone,
I am an International transfer, and I have recently applied to TAMU. My application has already been received but my transcript was delivered to the admissions on Friday. Does that that qualify as transcript received or do I have to wait till it is in the hands of the officials. The deadline is closing in and I am really worried by it.

@agerick‌ I wouldn’t worry too much! If you know for sure it was delivered then they have received it. However, because it is so close to the deadline it will take a little bit for it to come up in AIS as received and even longer to process. I had to mail mine, they were delivered on 1/15 and AIS says they were received on 1/16! It took about 3 weeks for it to show up in the system and another week for it to process. If you’re still concerned in a week or two you can call or email someone to confirm they have them. :slight_smile: best of luck to you!

@TamuvsUH‌ will do! I really hope you get in. Keep us updated :slight_smile: