TAMU Fall 2015 Transfer Thread

@emilyKB Will do :slight_smile: and Thanks :slight_smile:

@emilyKB Thatā€™s very reassuring. Thank you.
Also,
GPA: 3.72
Credits hours: 92
Transferring in as a junior from UT Arlington.
Major: Electrical Engineering

I have been active in some of the schools organization. I was in FSAE for 1 year, have been ā€œactiveā€ member in IEEE. Also am currently doing a research with one of my professors.

What do you think about my chances to get into COE.

@agerickā€Œ Youā€™re GPA is competitive, at least I think so! Youā€™re definitely not on the weak side. Although, I know COE is tough to get in to. However, I think Mech. And Petroleum are the most competitive. I donā€™t know much about electrical. I really hope you get in, though :slight_smile: keep an eye on AIS and keep an eye on Howdy!

I saw somewhere on the A&M transfer page that the 3.0 GPA is considered competitive for mechanical engineering? Does anyone else think so? And also if you donā€™t get in your first choice major in one school (i.e engineering) and you get accepted into another major in another school within A&M (i.e liberal arts), how hard is it to change majors/transfer internally?

@marcel1016ā€Œ Iā€™m not really sure about what GPA is considered competitive with engineering, maybe someone else on the thread can answer you there. I think it varies depending on what engineering you want to do. However, it is difficult to change majors internally. I think itā€™s set up that way so itā€™s harder for people to do that since a lot used to apply to liberal arts or some other major that was easier to be accepted to and then try to transfer in to mays or the COE. Donā€™t quote me on that but I think I remember someone telling me that at one of the prospective student centers.

@marcel1016 I heard that too! I read different threads and some people say they more base it on what you got on your science and math and engineering classes and some say thats its first based on your overall GPA. Im not exactly sure how they base it. I would guess they look more at your science math or engineering classes because thats more necessary than maybe like art that you didnā€™t do well on. Because that does bring down your overall GPA if you have Aā€™s in Math then a C in art. Hopefully we all get into our desired majors tho :slight_smile:

AIS updated today and I plan on registering for NSC tonight. Good luck to all of you and keep posting updates to the thread. :slight_smile:

Hi everyone :smile: I am also applying as a transfer into A&M for the fall. I have a 3.23 with 27 completed hours and will have 39 by the end of spring. Im applying for psychology in the liberals arts major. Anyone know if I have a shot at acceptance?

@snowflakeblondieā€Œ I think you have a great shot. Just make sure you have all the required classes on the degree tract you are applying to completed when spring grades are submitted. My concern would be if you havenā€™t actually applied yet. Kinda getting late, really:/. Some transfer applicants have already started recieving answers. Hopefully you have been on a visit and/or took part in a transfer information day they have held. My daughter applied the first week applications opened in January 2013, for fall 2014 transfer. She had to submit spring grades to get accepted. She also kept in very close contact with the college of liberal arts. She didnā€™t get accepted until June 5, 2014. But we didnā€™t have any worries because of her close contact with advisors at the Liberal Arts College. Hoping you have as easy time as we did with your transfer.

I applied the first week as well and all my papers were processed and put in review here on feb 14, I didnt have the math course completed prior to applying but am working on it right now in the spring. Im just worried if I have a good shot and how long it would take to get a response? How long was it before your daughter got a letter saying spring grades were need for acceptance?

@snowflakeblondieā€Œ My daughter recieved her denial letter telling her to submit her spring grades around this time. If You will get the same letter if math is has not been completed yet. Donā€™t fret, be ready to act fast once your college has released your grades. Have them electronically get them to A&M. You may also hand deliver a transcript too, we did both. The day her grades were released, she went in and had the office get them sent, which was like around May 20th. She was then accepted to A&M by June 5th. I think you have no worries, unless you GPA drops for some reason. If they have a transfer info day coming up, you should attend it is very informative and you maybe able to sneak in a visit with an advisor in the Liberal Arts college.

@Cmsparent are the letters through regular mail? or is it a email form? Thank you so much for the insight though. Nerve wrecking on the waiting process but feel a bit better now. What major is your daughter doing if you donā€™t mind me asking?

@snowflakeblondieā€Œ she was the same major as you. And her letters came both in her AIS and by mail. She did have a 3.96 GPA with only like 20 graded transferrable hours when she applied. And a 4.0 with over 35 hours when she submitted her spring grades.

I just received my letter saying that they want my spring grades to reconsider fall, do they usually with spring grades accept you in?

@snowflakeblondie I really think that if you maintain your current GPA or increase it and really make sure you have all the requires classes. Make sure they all transfer. You should be fine.

@snowflakeblondieā€Œ my daughter has had a few friends that also had to submit spring grades and did receive admittance.

@snowflakeblondie I received that letter too. I wasnā€™t surprised or anything since the department already told me that they wanted to look at the grades in the classes I was taking this semester before they made a decision.

@ForwardLookingā€Œ Yeah im not really surprised either since I knew beforehand I didnā€™t have all the required math classes needed. Just hoping that after spring grades Iā€™ll still get accepted plus I was wanting to try and live on campus but canā€™t know as acceptance wont be til late may. Whats your major/ hours?

@snowflakeblondie I am currently a freshman TEAM student, and I applied for electrical engineering.

As of now, I have a 3.79 GPA with all Aā€™s and only one B. I will have completed a total of 32 hours by the end of semester.

Iā€™m applied for Dwight Look school, and there are specific Recommended Courses for individual major. Does anyone know we have to complete those class as requirement class to be accept to TAMU? What if I have a good stat, but I donā€™t have all Recommended Courses by the time and Iā€™m also not taking it right now?