TAMU Fall 2015 Transfer Thread

Hey guys!
I applied for the College of Liberal Arts as a Psychology major before even looking at this and now I am freaking out. I have about 37 completed hours as of now, and will have 48 after the Spring semester is said and done but I had no idea letters of recommendation were necessary as transfers, and I’m missing a few of the things listed under coursework. I’m missing a communications class, as well as a history but I was planning on finishing them during the summer. Additionally, instead of taking Business Calc, I took Honors Pre Cal. I should finish out with a 4.0 (I’ve gotten nothing but As). Am I in trouble? I am absolutely terrified.

Good luck everyone! :blush:

@Yoohooos‌ I am wondering the samething

@poeticanchors‌ you really need to check the TAMU transfer courses page on their website and make sure you have all the required courses for transfer. And my daughter did not have any letters of rec and she was granted admission to the same college and major you have applied too. She had all her required classes and a 4.0 GPA. She applied Jan 1, 2014 and was accepted after spring grades were received, due to a required math she needed to be accepted for fall 2014. So she was able to start her Sophmore year of college as an Aggie. If you haven’t made a visit as a transfer, I highly recommend you do. Keep in contact with the advisors, that is what she did. They even helped her make out her schedule to make sure she had all transferable courses to TAMU, so she didn’t waste time and money at her previous college. The Liberal Arts College was very helpful and made her feel even more excited about her transfer. We actually made a couple visits to them.

Hi everyone. After 2 weeks in review I was accepted into Mays Business School today. No updates on Howdy yet, but on the AIS. Super excited!! Does anyone know when I should hear back on scholarships application? And should I go ahead and apply for financial aid at this time?

Good luck to everyone and thank you for help and input during the application process! If anyone wants any additional stats or info I am more than happy to share.

@ecollin‌ yes please!!

1st (and only) choice: Mays Business School
GPA: 4.0
Transferring from: Collin College
Credit hours: 49
Letters of recommendation: 4
Degree track E: All completed except Managerial accounting, which is in progress.
Extra curricular activities: Full-time assistant at money management company during 2 years in college
Volunteer hours: less than 10
Essays: Good but not amazing

Put in review: February 24th.
Acceptance: March 10th

Hey y’all!
I have applied from Lone Star College. I currently have 18 hours and a GPA of 2.75. My first choice of major is sociology and second choice is women’s and gender studies. I was told from someone at the liberal arts department that my application would get deferred. Any advice?

@cctamed‌ your application will get deferred because you don’t have the required 24hrs. Make sure to bring up your GPA this semester. If you have all the required coursework needed/completed for your major you should be fine.

@ecollin‌ congrats :slight_smile:

When do decisions come out? I can’t find that information anywhere.

@staticroar they come out on a rolling basis, so some people had gotten theirs already. Keep checking the ais for updates

How long did it take for your transcripts to be processed? A&M received my transcript on 2/20, yet it’s remained at the “yellow exclamation sign” portion of the document list meaning it was received but not yet processed.

@ecollin‌
As an external transfer student applying to UT Austin, were you able to choose a first and second choice major (like electrical then mechanical engineering)? Or only one major?

Hello, I recently applied to Texas A&M for its BS economics program, and I am just wondering what my chances are getting accepted. Icurrently attend Texas A&M-Commerce and have completed 45 hours (not sure how many are transferable, but a vast majority of the classes will transfer) and have a UGPA of a 3.73.

Completed Classes:

Econ 1-A
Econ 2-A
Math 1324-A
Math 1325-A
English 1301-A
English 1302-B
Acct 1-B
Acct 2-A
Gov’t 1-A
Gov’t 2-A
Art 250-C
Intro to law-A
Legal Research-A
Humanities 1301-A
History 1-A

Currently Taking:

Intro to Finance
Intermediate Acct I
Money and Banking
Financial Analysis
MIS 128

I didn’t have anyone write me a letter of recommendation or have any extracurricular activities listed in my application.
If accepted, what are my chances of getting some type of scholarship?
Thanks in advance.

Can anyone give me their opinion on my chances?

Sophomore Transfer
GPA: 3.933
Total credits when Applied: 16
Currently Taking: 19 credits
Current Classes:
Calc 2
Econ Micro
Core Humanities (Nevada specific)
Principles of Marketing
Intro to Information Systems
Principles of Sociology

Taken:
Biology
Chem 1 and 2
English 2
Calc 1

SAT: 1980
ACT: 31
High School GPA 5.4 W/ 4.0 UW
High School Rank: 1 out of 268
Major: Pre-Business
EC:
Soccer Instructor / Volunteer: 8 hour/week
Work at Nike Retail Store: 16 hours / week
Ace Fitness Study Program: 8 hours / week
Varsity Soccer in High school: Sophomore, Junior, Senior
Student Body Treasurer (elected)
Pep Club Treasurer (elected)
FBLA Treasurer (elected)
Honors Society Intra-club Representative (Elected)
Current School : University of Nevada- Reno

Hey everyone! I just got accepted into Mays Business School as a transfer for Fall 2015

@l8erSMU Congrat!!! Would you mind sharing your stats?

I got accepted to Mays for the fall semester as well!

Here are my stats –

-Major: Accounting
-GPA: 3.21 (75 hours of transferable coursework – I know 3.21 is pretty low… however, my cumulative
GPA since 2011 is 3.94. Several bad grades from a university that I attended almost 10 years ago
pulled my GPA down to 3.21 when Texas A&M calculated it.)
-Transferring from: Lone Star College System (I also went to ACC)
-5 great recommendation letters (2 ACC professors, 2 LSCS professors - one’s an A&M alumnus, and an interpreter)
-2 essays that I finished in two days… didn’t really put much work into them
-Very little volunteering
-Two years of work experience as a marketing associate and on-call cash office associate

Done with Microeconomics, Macroeconomics, and Calculus I. Taking Calculus II right now.

I’m guessing that A&M recognized the upward trend in my academic performance ever since I went back to school in 2011. I should mention that I’m deaf… I’ve no idea if that played a part in my acceptance to Mays. I also applied to McCombs, and I’m still waiting to hear back from UT.

Good luck, everybody!!

They update the AIS status in weekend?

Hah, I have waited too much.

I’m an international student and applied in Aerospace (1st) and Mechanical eng (2nd).

Why didn’t they answer back still… :frowning:

Hey guys I was wondering if anyone or if anyone knows anyone that got accepted to Industrial Distribution

Can anyone give me their opinion on me getting in?
Major: Animal Science-Production
I will have 60 hours completed after this semester and probably a 2.6 GPA