TAMU Fall 2015 Transfer Thread

Just got accepted into the Mays Business School
Transfer from the University of Oregon
GPA: 3.6
Lors of extracurricular activities, good recs, and well thought out essays.

Who else has gotten into Mays?

Congrats, @UOUTA7!! I got into Mays as well. Which field are you planning to major in?

@berry3 accounting! I have also applied to Mccombs. Mccombs will be tough and is my #1. How about you?

Same!! Accounting and I applied to McCombs, too! UT is my dream school… hope we get in! @UOUTA7

@berry3 congrats! Same with me. I am from Oregon so going to Texas would be pretty wild!

I got a notification today telling me to submit my spring semester grades before an admission decision is made for me. For reference, I’m applying to Electrical Engineering/CS (1st/2nd choice respectively).

Wow, I am shocked. Was hoping to get an OOS tuition waiver from A&M, but I got outright rejected. 3.9 GPA over two years at an OOS community college. Granted my essays and ECs were not stellar, but still…damn.

@UOUTA7 Hey, congrat!!! Would you mind sharing your stats?

@MadKillaMan You got rejected from school, or from your OOS tuition?

A few days ago, I’ve got accepted for my first choice major, which is electrical engineering. :smiley:

@TheThinker Would you mind sharing your stats? Please, that would be very helpful!!

@Yoohooos The school. I would totally understand if I didn’t get the competitive OOS tuition waiver, but being rejected from the school really took me aback.

@MadKillaMan What major?

I got accepted for this fall
Major: Mechanical Engr
GPA: 3.95
Credits: 60
All Cals-Phys-Chems are A
1 B in History
No EC whatsoever
I am from Lone Star Community College

Hope it is useful

@MadKillaMan postponing of your decision or rejection? Mine is postponed for CS with a much lower GPA than you

mine was postponed too. they want to re-review my spring grades.
Is that a good thing?

@regmi1 It’s fine if you have to send in spring grades! I have to too. They usually ask if you don’t have at least a 2.5 or 24 hours, or if you’re missing a class from the required courses for your major.

I have applied to PETE for the fall as a transfer student from ACC. I have Petroleum Engineering as my first choice major and Mechanical Engineering as my second choice. Recently my AIS has Mechanical for both first and second choice majors and my howdy now only shows mechanical engineering as an active application. I havent received any letters yet and it says under review for mechanical engineering. Does this mean that I have been rejected from PETE or have they just not sent out decisions yet?

You may have been rejected because they are trying to keep the PETE enrollment low and maybe full. Getting into Mechanical is a big deal! Congrats!

@Yoohooos

Here you go!

College transferring from: Austin Community College District

Current GPA: 3.74 (77 credits)

Extracurricular Activities:
President of the Student Government Association of ACC
Founder and President of Science, Technology, Engineering & Mathematics Academy of ACC

Technical Courses:

Introduction to Engineering: A
College Algebra: B
Trigonometry: B
Pre-Calculus: A
Calculus I: A
Calculus II: A
Calculus III: A
Engineering Physics I: B
Engineering Physics II: A
General Chemistry I Lecture & Lab: A