TAMU Fall 2015 Transfer Thread

@deepsea1212 Exact same thing happens to me. Glad to know that I’m not the only one. My app major used to be petroleum engineering. I checked it 2 days ago, and it turned into Mechanical Engineering for both first and second choices.

@hbui7626 Have you heard anything from the PETE department? I haven’t called them but regular admissions said its a part of the review process. I didn’t think mechanical considered second choice majors.

•The University of Texas at Dallas
•3.409 did pretty bad last semester but got all A’s this semester
Also took all required engineering courses.
Credits: 31 Hours
•1st and 2nd choice majors: Geology and Geophysics
•Well Done essays
•1 rec letter written by the managing partner of a Chamber of Commerce
•Worked in UT Molecular Science Labs, Chamber of Commerce, restaurant waiter for many years, Band throughout high school.

Was originally given blinn team in for my freshman application decision.
For my transfer application I was denied for not having enough hours but they asked to send my final transcripts in by June first.
Just sent my transcripts in today and they should be received by Monday.

Do you mean UT-Arlington, TransferUTA? I’ve experienced a few UT-Arlington folks saying they go to UT-Dallas, which isn’t even all that great to begin with.

I applied for Fall of 2015 in January and got rejected because I didn’t have enough hours, so I just submitted my spring grades for a re-review. My GPA after spring is 3.86. I applied into the college of Education. Chances of getting in?

@temoc22 No UT Austin, and yes I go to UTD not UT Arlington

Who is an incoming transfer looking for a roommate?

Anyone got any decisions back?

also if anyone would mind chancing me my grades are

3.42 from Lone Star College
31 credit hours
Applied to Construction Science school of architecture

Important Grades:
College Algebra - B
Business Math I - B
Business Math II - A
Gen Chem - A
Microecon- B

@UOUTA7 I am! I am a female transferring from Houston.

has anyone received a decision who had to submit spring grades as a transfer student (Texas A&M)

ImFromTexas,

I also transferred from LSC.
I was accepted into the Construction Science program for Fall 2015.

Your grades look good, just make sure your essays are strong.
From what I saw at my New Student Conference, I would say you have a really good chance.

Have you applied yet?

-Julian

I had to submit my Spring Grades. I have a 3.5 GPA. Just waiting for a response. I submitted my grades on 5/18/15.

My application is in review and I’m just waiting for a decision!

GPA: 3.36 when applied, but now it is 3.53
Hours: 60+
Major: Physics (and accepted)

@Hopefullness15 Thanks a lot!!

@Hopefullness15 How did you do in Physics 1&2 Cal 1&2?

@cctamed I am a male transferring from University of Oregon haha

I also had to submit in spring grades but im worried as my grades didnt move at all this semester. Would that get me denied since they didnt go up? worrying here while waiting for a decision back

TAMU got my transcript with my Spring Semester grades but still hasn’t processed it, so currently my application is not even in review.