TAMU Fall 2015 Transfer Thread

I’m a Blinn-TEAM student as well, and my applicant tab went missing… What does that mean?

i applied to Texas A&M for fall 2015 with 1. Mechanical engineering and 2. Aerospace Engineering, i was told to send in spring grades. They received my spring grades 5/26 and as of today (6/08) Mechanical has denied me and now Aerospace is taking a look. I have 62 hours completed (taking 6 currently during summer) and have a 3.32 overall from Texas State University for Industrial Engineering.

Cal 1 - 3: B’s
Differential Equations: A
Physics 1 & 2: A’s
Chem 1: B
Chem 2: A
Engineering 111 (CAD class): A

do y’all think i have a decent shot at getting into Aerospace Engineering for the fall?
-Thanks

@AEROtamu I wish you get in :smiley:

I was just accepted yesterday to the department of English! I was a Blinn Team student, with 28 hours and a 3.78 overall GPA. Also to note- my applicant tab still appears in Howdy, so I’m not sure if it disappearing has any significance or not. Best of luck to all of you!!

May I ask how long did it take from the time A&M received your documents to your decision?

Just got accepted into Electrical Engineering as a Blinn Team student!

Here are my stats:

My GPA at A&M: 3.70
My GPA at Blinn: 3.43
My overall GPA: 3.52

A&M:
CHEM 107 - B
CHEM 117 - A
KINE 199 - Pass (No letter grade)
THAR 281 - A
MUSC 226 - A

Blinn:
MATH 151 - A
MATH 152 - B
PHYS 218 - C
HIST 105 - A
HIST 106 - A
COMM 203 - A

Currently taking MATH 251 and will be taking PHYS 208 summer session II.

So in the mail I got a letter from tamu telling me to do my financial aid through the “my finances” tab in howdy, but I don’t have that tab nor have I been accepted yet? Good sign??

My daughter received the same letter.

@collegemickey what major is your daughter?

@Gardenflower my finances appears when the student is granted acceptance, sometimes before the AIS letter is posted. I would take it as a very good sign.

Daughters major is Education received letter early last week no change in tabs though.

We can access what the letter is referring to on the home page look to the right and you will see financial aid.

My application now says complete and is IN Review, so I’m expecting to hear back this week hopefully.

Been in review with a completed application May 28th still no word.

My first choice major got switched to my second choice… what does thate mean?

Hey guys I was admitted to Aerospace Engineering today (At least I think so; it says so on my AIS, but hasn’t updated on Howdy). Just thought I’d share my stats with you guys so you can better gauge your chances.
I was a TAMU-BlinnTEAM student from Fall 2014-Now (just finished my freshman year)
I applied First Choice: Aerospace Engineering, Second Choice: Civil Engineering
My Grades in relevant courses:
MATH 2413 (MATH 151): A
MATH 2414 (MATH 152): A
CHEM 1410 (CHEM 107/117): A
PHYS 2425 (PHYS 218): A
Also maintained a 4.0 at both Blinn College and Texas A&M
Good to those of you who are still waiting!

Hi everyone, I’m applying to nuclear engineering with physics as my second major. Although I was told by the nuclear engineering advisor that decisions had been made and I should be receiving a “good letter” soon, I have yet to hear anything. I have finished a total of 34 hours (17 both semesters) at my current school and should get 37 credits from my AP scores at TAMU. My gpa is a 3.8 and I’m enrolled in the honors college at my current instituion. My grades are as follows:
CHEM 1415/1435: A
HNRS 1500: A
MATH 1720 (MATH 152): A
MUMH 3010: A
PHYS 1710/1730 (PHYS 218): A
MATH 2700 (linear algebra): A
MATH 3410 (MATH 302): A
MATH 2730 (MATH 251): A
PHYS 2220/2240 (PHYS 208): A in the course, B in the lab
CSCE 1020: B
Apparently all the courses I’ve taken are transferable, even the ones that don’t have direct analogues at TAMU. While initially fairly confident, the lack of any updates on my AIS have started to worry me quite a bit. Help from anyone who knows the nuclear engineering department and what my chances are, or what a “good letter” entails would be much appreciated.

Has anyone from Animal Science heard back yet?

I was accepted to Electrical Engineering today (1st choice).

Cumulative GPA: 3.73
Transferable Credits: 51
Notable courses I finished are Cal 1/2, Chem 1/2, Technical Physics 1, and a bunch of core classes. I’m currently taking Cal 3 this summer.

Had a 4.0 my freshman year at UT Arlington, but GPA was lowered because of 20 hours of dual credit in high school.

I’m still waiting on UT Austin; if I don’t get accepted to ECE there (I’m a CAP student) then I’ll be going here!

Good luck to those still waiting, and congratulations to those who were accepted.

Accepted to computer science. Feels surreal.