TAMU Fall 2021 transfer question

I am a freshman at Blinn and have 15 hours for fall and am taking 15 this spring. I turned my application in for Fall 2021 admission. I realize I don’t have the 24 hours yet but I will after Spring semester. My letter on my application says transfer deny but can turn in Spring grades in by June 1, 2021 for an additional opportunity for Fall admission. My question is I thought I read it should say “Transfer Deny Request for Spring Grades” but mine only says Transfer Deny so it was making me a little nervous.

Can anyone help me out with this question. Thank you so much!

@mojo44441 what is your fall gpa and what major are your applying to? Have you been in contact with Advisors at both Blinn and TAMU?
Curious why you applied with so few hours?

My fall GPA is a 3.5 and I am applying to Education for elementary teaching. When I looked at the Texas A & M transfer webpage it said to apply by March 1 for fall 2021 admission. I know a lot of people that get into A & M after attending community college after a year. Aren’t you supposed to apply by March 1 to be considered for Fall admission? Did I apply too early? Most students won’t have the full 24 hours until second semester.

Thank you.

@mojo44441 good gpa!
It’s really important to follow the transfer process exactly, and to be in touch with Advisors.
I am sure @AggieMomhelp will know more details, know what is required.
Finish strong with a 4.0 this semester!

Okay thank you so much. I hope I didn’t do it wrong. I have been in touch with advisors but we mainly talked about what classes I was taking. We never talked about applying timeframe because it said to apply by March 1 for Fall so I didn’t ask. My letter does say can turn in Spring grades for an additional opportunity. I was just concerned that it didn’t say “Transfer Deny Request for Spring Grades”.

Thank you!

1 Like

Okay so actually you read it right the first time. You are denied with what you had at time of application, BUT they will consider you for fall admission after this semester which is great. 15 is very few credits. Education is more lenient than most. You did nothing wrong regardless of major. You’re already at a “no” so why not ask, right?

Great GPA and great profession. My daughter is a Sped teacher! She loves elementary.

Keep up the good work. Get a 4.0 as @52AG82 said. Do your best kiddo. You’re ahead of the game. And please keep us posted!!!

1 Like

Thanks so much for explaining that to me! I was worried I applied too early. I just wanted to make sure I was following the transfer requirements correctly. Thanks for the encouragement! Yes I am excited to teach elementary one day. So glad your daughter is enjoying it!

2 Likes