TAMU Gateway Class of 2027

Hi all! So Gateway came out today for TAMU. Congrats. It’s the best pathway into A&M. Ask away and answer away lol.

My daughter was accepted for Gateway last night. My older boys are both at A&M, but this is my first experience with Summer before fall of freshman year. Any idea on financial aid that might be available? We have sent her FAFSA for Fall. She is on her way to a UIL competition and won’t be home until Saturday, so if she has gotten emails from the university I don’t know about them lol. Also she is curious what classes they have them take? I’ve seen no math and no history mentioned. I am very excited for her and this opportunity. She is dyslexic and has anxiety so I think this option will help her acclimate in the best possible encvironment!

1 Like

This program is such a great benefit to students. It’s a coveted gift for sure.

As for financial aid, I’m unsure but feel that this will be covered.

As for classes. They’ll take 2 courses (6 credits) and then two 1 hour courses that are assigned by advising. The 2 3 hour courses are from the core curriculum so they can pretty much take anything (science English math creative arts etc).

They’ll start off as general studies but will work with advisor to fulfill change of major requirements for intended major.

2 Likes

Which dorms are we allowed to stay in? Any dorm on campus?

For the fall… All dorms. Summer session, they will tell you. Could be white creek or Fowler keeley dorms.

My daughter received official acceptance into the Gateway program today. We are happy!
I have been reading about the program, but still have some questions. Maybe someone here can help.
After successful completion of the summer term, how difficult is it for them to apply into their desired major? I would imagine that all the spots will already be full with the kids admitted starting in the fall. Her desired major is Psychology.

She’ll have to meet the change of major requirements so she’ll stay in gest to get that done. Then she can ask to change major. So basically she’ll be working the psych degree plan just not officially a psych major in the fall of freshman year.

Makes sense. So realistically she most likely will not be able to transfer into Psychology until Spring semester as long as requirements are met.

The classes during fall semester will be main stream with full admit students, correct?

Correct on both counts. She’s an Aggie through and through

1 Like

My son was accepted to A&M Gateway yesterday, Whoop, continuing the legacy! Does anyone know if he is still eligible for all incoming freshman scholarships, i.e. the National Recognition Programs?

1 Like

While it’s a provisionally acceptance, they do register for fall semester in June so I would think he would be considered for everything just as if he started in the fall.

Keep in mind, I don’t know this for certain, but it makes sense. Also note that Tamu is stingy with money.

Thanks for all the info here

the moderators on the threads have been generous and patient – Grateful for you!

DD#1 Fully admitted to TAMU 12/14/22
DD#2 Admitted to TAMU via Gateway Thursday
DD#2 diagnosed autism spectrum/neurodivergent –
I’m class of 1993 (WHOOP)! and very excited

Congrats. It’ll be a great program!!!

1 Like

Commons is my understanding. Tentatively Mosher Hall.

Ooh really… where did you get info? They’ve never done the commons before. But I think that would be a great gateway dorm.

I may have misunderstood.

I emailed and asked Mrs Sherrice King, director of special programs.

1 Like

The housing department still thinks it will be in white creek so who knows! Lol

They did white creek last year which was new to them. Who knows, maybe it wasn’t a good fit. But commons would be great. Love the vibe there. Good community.

Thanks for sharing!

Confirmed it will be Mosher Hall in the Commons.

1 Like