TAMU Gateway Summer 2018

My daughter was accepted to Texas A&M in February through the Gateway program. I wanted to start a discussion for parents and students who will be participating in the Summer 2018 Gateway program. Would love any information from parent/students of people who have participated in this program in the past. Tips.

My son entered A&M as a Gateway student in 2014 (now a senior). It was a great program that I honestly wish my other Aggie kids could’ve participated in, even my auto-admit kid. It gets them to campus early and allows them to acclimate to it before it’s so full. There is also a class they take that teaches study habits, accountability, etc. That got the Gateway kids all together each week, which created community. They also room with other Gateway kids. There is pressure to make the grades in order to stay, but it is doable if they study and put forth effort. By the time fall started, he was settled in and comfortable with the campus.

Thank you @HollyFay. Has anyone that is Gateway Summer of 2018 received their banner in the mail yet?