TAMU Holistic review candidates Class of 2022

@kdblev Definitely meet with admissions/advisor. She could apply as early as this Fall for Spring transfer. Applying as a transfer is so much better than going through the whole admissions process. It fall directly in the lap of the major you’re applying. The essays are geared towards your major and why you want that major… what will you do with it, etc. etc. They look for passion in the field not just… hey I wanna transfer and change my major later.

BUT… there hasn’t been a decision yet, so that all might be wasted information I just gave! BUT it doesn’t hurt to meet with someone in admissions or even in the college they want. AND let me tell you, the whole Corps option is amazing. My niece is a junior and pretty high up in ranks. Her fish year she was ready to throw in the towel… but that didn’t last long. It’s such a great organization with so many benefits. Good luck and keep us posted!

I have been following this post and praying my son at least gets BlinnTEAM!

Application date: July 2017
GPA and class rank: 3.6, second quarter
ACT: 25
SAT 1240 (math 640, reading 600)
College Applied to: Education & Human Development
Major: Allied Health, plans to enter nursing hopefully at TAMU
EC. 2nd degree black belt in TKD, heavy involvement in HS theater dept and church, has held a job for about 2 years
Did you do all three essays: yes
Highlight: ECs
In state
Current Status: Complete and in review

Special shoutout to @Thelma2 for all of your help on this board.

@aghopeful420 Welcome to the forum! If I were in admissions, I’d give any student with a 2nd degree black belt a full ride! I’d want them on my team!!!

Best of luck and keep us posted. @thelma2 does such a good job of keeping up with the stats and such. Will help all those that follow us as well!

@AggieMomhelp hoping the university feels the same way!

@aghopeful420 @3rdgenAg the three of us have very similar scores (me and your kids). I have a 25 and a 3.5 gpa (second quarter) and trying to get into Allied health. Good luck y’all!! Please let us know if y’all hear!!! I am on pins and needles awaiting a result.

Will do @shanjohnson26 !! Please let us know if you hear something as well. Good luck to you! Hoping and praying for the best!!

someone call and ask if there are any regular admissions today?

I called Admissions today and she said to only check Fridays after 5pm. Not extremely helpful or sympathetic.

I have a feeling tomorrow we might see some changes with updated Howdy on Thursday AM.

Hi all! I’ve been following this thread for a while, and wanted to wish luck to all my fellow applicants! I also wanted to say a HUGE thank you to @Thelma2 for keeping track of everyone’s stats and providing information about this process, you are very appreciated! Here are my stats:

Application Date: Received UIN 09/21/2017, and all documents other than letters of rec were uploaded by 10/05/17 (Not sure if that makes a difference)
GPA/Class Rank: 4.4W, 3.5UW, 30%
SAT: 1300
College applied for: Agriculture & Life Science
Major in that College: Forensic Investigative Science
ECs: STARS Club (Working with kids who are special needs), Choir, Leadership Team, volunteer in horseback riding lessons for special needs kids, volunteer overnight camp counselor, and full-time job for the past 2 years
Did you do all 3 essays: Yes
In state
Highlights: Graduated a semester early, strong essays/LORs, full-time job
Current Status on AIS: In Review

Does anyone else that has yet to be accepted have the TAMU Library portal at the top of Howdy? It’s only just been brought to my attention, and I can’t seem to remember if it has been there or is a new addition. This wait is agonizing, so it is definitely possible that I’m grasping at straws lol!

@Thelma2 Yesterday I received a letter in the mail from A&M about Scholarships and Financial Aid ( only 1 page). It said to fill out the Student Data Form 2018-2019. Don’t know if it’s a good sign or not. Just don’t want to get my hopes up.

I filled it out and submitted it.

@percy0317 Has your son considered physics? It is very similar to the engineering path the first year (different classes after that) and I have been told it is one of the later degrees to fill. My son originally was interested in engineering until he went to A&M and saw the physics department, sat in on a physics class, toured the lab, met with some grad students, and talked to one of the advisors. He is thrilled to be on that path for next year and a degree in physics actually is more in line with what he wants to do as a career. It might be worth checking out.

@Dancer1900 Son got a letter about FAFSA verification letter last week, we completed it, but still no information.

Our Daughter is still waiting and just noticed the Library tab at the top of Howdy. It allows you to go in and shows a favorite library. I usually check on my phone and it doesn’t appear on my mobile app. May have always been there on the computer the whole time.

Sorry, I am not familiar with the Library tab and it’s meaning. To my knowledge, I don’t know that letters from FAFSA or scholarships meaning anything, other than you got a letter. But it is good to have it taken care of if they do get admissions.

I think the Library has been there all along. Although I really only started following the howdy portal after my first daughter got her acceptance.

Probably no meaning to the Library tab. When I click the link, it says "Welcome, and my Daughter’s name. On Settings, it says her name and “- Affiliate” not student or anything. I think I am grasping at straws. LOL!

I just noticed the library tab too. Not sure if it has been there or not though, but it does look a little different

I think I’m giving up with tamu and securing my second choice. Everyone I know has committed somewhere. I feel out of place and far behind on the college process. If a&m wanted me they should have taken me. Too late now.

@TXagghopeful1 Don’t give up now. You owe it to yourself to at least wait for a decision. At least wait until the end of March.