TAMU Holistic review candidates Class of 2022

We would be very please to have a Blinn offer. My daughter simply doesn’t do well on standardized tests. Too much anxiety but does well in school. We have back up offers but still have our fingers crossed for TAMU.

@bluefordaggie I think you have great stats. Not sure why you wouldn’t have heard from admissions yet since you went in early for engineering.

Does anyone believe I have a chance as a full admit? Stats posted a few comments back.

@SgtFriar2015 I guess it’ll have to be a decision I make if it comes to that. Thanks for the input.

@TXagghopeful1 One of the more experienced folks here will no doubt chance you. Please stand by.

@TXagghopeful1 Hey! I have a very similar situation as yours.
SAT: 1170 (R; 580, M: 590)
GPA/RANK: 3.82, 233/1085
Around 250 Service Hours
Took all AP Courses
5 Extra Curricular Activities
1 Solid Letter of Recommendation

Don’t put yourself down if you receive BLINN TEAM. For me personally, it would be a BLESSING to be put into BLINN TEAM due to my low scores. In addition, you save money! Let’s hope for the best!

@TXagghopeful1, By the way, I also did all three essays and I am in National Honor Society.

@Mandog82 wow. We are very similar!!! I feel like everyone I come across has better this better that… but I finally found someone relatable!!

@TXagghopeful1 I feel the same way you do! Don’t worry, I want to be an Aggie as much as you do, but we just need to have faith. Also, it kind of scares me how everyone here has a 1300+ SAT Score, but this forum page doesn’t makeup all the applicants. There are people out there who are in very similar situations as ours and don’t know about this forum page so hang on tight.

:slight_smile:

I was recently accepted into Texas A&M University College Station for Computer Science (Engineering).
I was a holistic review candidate.

Here is some helpful information for others who are also applying -
When did you apply: 10/20
When did you get your UIN: 10/23 (my application was complete on 11/3)
When did you receive your engineering admission decision: 11/21
Auto-admit? Academic Admit? Review Admit?: None
Major/College of Choice: Computer Science
Did you get accepted?: Yes
Honors Program?: Not yet applied
Class Rank: School does not rank, but I was in the top 14%
ACT/SAT: I sent my ACT score with a composite of 30 (35 Math, 33 Reading, 26 Science, 25 Writing)
Did you do all 3 essays: Yes
Did you send a resume?: Yes, I sent my UT Austin expanded resume
Recommendation Letters?: 1 Letter from my college counselor and 1 from my Pre-calculus teacher

Went to the Aggieland Information Day on Monday. It was a good visit for my daughter. I sat in on an Admissions presentation, and they said for holistic reviews, we should hear in Jan/Feb. Then I spoke to advisor one on one, and she said they definitely go by when you applied. My daughter applied on July 1, the first day we could apply. She was accepted yesterday into TAMU, so hopefully they will announce many more before Jan/Feb. Fingers crossed!

Trommald - please send your SAT scores rush. One college office told me yesterday that it is taking one month for SAT scores that are not sent rush to arrive. With those scores you should get in.

I met with an admissions recruiter for my area at school last week and she said that because of Harvey, we could expect decisions to come mid January through February rather than the mid November. The one month application deadline delay is pushing their admissions process back a month, but they will be getting off for Christmas around that month delay. So when I saw people got admitted this week, I was confused. And I noticed some of the review admits had applied after me however @TAMUkbr said they go in order.

Paranoia is really setting in. Is there anything I can do at this point while my app is still in review that would make me stand out more?

@TAMUkbr so what you’re saying is if I applied July 1st and haven’t heard back that means they threw me in the maybe/denied pile?

Oh no, @whoop2022, it means first come, first serve according to application date. My daughter is in top 13% of her class and has a ACT of 27 with good EC activities on her resume. What I was trying to say is that they probably haven’t gotten to you yet!

@TXagghopeful1, I am definitely NOT an expert in TAMU Admissions, but coming from a Mom, I think your GPA is good and you are in the top quartile of your class. That’s good. Can you take the SAT and/or the ACT again? My D had some SAT/ACT tutoring and it really helped her. The tutoring helped her come up 3 points on the ACT. Your EC’s are very good as well. :slight_smile:

@TAMUkbr I took each test twice and those were my highest scores. My parents refused to pay again because the tests are so expensive.

@TXagghopeful1, also, I have good friends that are an Aggie Family. I spoke with them about the Blinn Team, and their son which is a senior this year at TAMU told me that his friends are Blinn Team, and no one on campus even knows whether you are full TAMU or Blinn Team. Blinn team students ARE Aggies just like anyone else there. Same housing, same classes, same associations, same everything that is associated with TAMU. The difference is you would take classes under Blinn in conjunction with classes under TAMU. Go ahead and get your basic classes out of the way the first year or so. I have heard that many only stayed on the Blinn team for 1 year, then slid right into their major under TAMU.

Thank you all for your encouragement here! I am admitted! So excited!!