TAMU Holistic review candidates Class of 2022

If its first come first serve type of thing, why did i already receive admission? I applied two weeks ago and already got admissions.

Hey i commented a few back but no one responded. I also went to aggieland information day and I️t was a fun experience, i really enjoyed the mcallisters.

My stats are
2nd quartile rank: 48% (review admit)
Applied: October 19th
Sat:1340 Act:31
Did all 3 essays which are really good
In a lot of ec’s And i have a lot of work experience too

What do you think? I’m confident i can get in because my scores and essays but there’s always that negativity that eats me alive!

@ComplexX, maybe something on your application really stood out to admissions! That’s a good thing!

@TXagghopeful1 just a note of encouragement regarding Blinn Team (although imo it’s WAY early to be going down that path).

Your comment above about wanting to be appreciated and valued by A&M and being frustrated by being offered Blinn Team - I swear those were my 2015 grads exact words. She had wanted to be an Aggie for so long and had great stats (4.0 GPA, 27 ACT, 18 DC Hours, ECs, Leadership, Volunteer Hours, Mission trips, etc, etc - just like you!) and she was offered Blinn Team Feb 12th (6 months and 6 days after she applied… 6 + 6 = 12th Man). Originally she was mad and frustrated and embarrassed but once she went to NSC and moved past that she had a great Aggie experience. She found that in Blinn classes there were Blinn, A&M and Blinn Team students sitting side by side and no one knew who was who or cared. She got involved in organizations on A&M Campus, got her sports pass, went to games, etc. She was intentional about the classes she took to make sure she had completed the classes required for transfer after her Freshman year. She applied for transfer admission during her Freshman year, sent in her spring grades as soon as they were available in May and received her A&M transfer acceptance around June 1st. She is going into the 2nd semester of her junior year, will order her Aggie ring in January and graduate on time. Of the 5 people in her house 1 was full TAMU as a freshman, 2 were Blinn Team and 2 transferred into A&M as sophomores.

I think the message in my story is IF you really want to be an Aggie and have a diploma and ring from TAMU, there are MANY MANY routes to get there. Blinn Team is an amazing path that has benefits far out reaching many of the other paths. (IMO Blinn Team is the BEST path, even ahead of Gateway). Stay positive, look at all your options and make the best decision for you but don’t feel ‘less than’ if Blinn Team is your offer. You’ve got this!

@PleaseGod2022 thank you for the encouragement and for helping put me at ease. Blinn isn’t sounding so bad, does it cost a whole lot more though? I am going to be dependent upon loans, unfortunately and I know that brings along debt.

Blinn team is actually cheaper!!

After seeing others get accepted with slightly lower SAT Scores and similar class ranks, I reviewed AIS again and noticed that Essay C and his letters of recommendation do not appear. Is this because only required documents show or am I looking in the wrong place.

Thanks from a very anxious parent.

@Jweed1 look under documents received. Should show up there. But I feel your pain. I really don’t know how they choose when to release acceptances. But it’s still really early so let’s hope they get to ours next.

No one is replying to mine :frowning:

@Victorelectric sorry… posts get lost on my phone and I have no clue how to do your name on this post. Won’t pull up!

Anyway… I think your test scores are really good but with your class rank not so great, your essays need to reflect why. Otherwise I do not know if they will give you full admit based on ranking. However, not knowing your situation I would say gateway is a great option for you. Tamu wants to set you up for success, so getting your feet wet over the summer, will prove to you and them that you can handle college courses.

Again, that’s just my opinion. You should be really proud of those scores!!!

@victor electric. My very uninformed opinion is that your class rank is going to make Blinn team more likely than straight admission.

What is gateway exactly?

It’s a summer program where you live on campus and take certain classes (determined by Tamu). I think the gpa requirement is 3.0 for those classes but not 100 pct sure. Then for fall you’re straight into tamu full admit.

2.0 not 3.0!!

Is. It still possible i can get full admission? And for gateway how long is it?

Everything and anything is possible. So yes! And gateway is both summer sessions prior to freshman year. Google it… good info on it and what it means.

Can someone please give me my chances on full admission with my statistics? A response would be much appreciated.

Class Rank: 33%
AP Classes: 9 (Including Calc BC and Physics 1)
ACT Composite: 31, math 31
College applied for: Engineering
ECs: DECA(qualified for international competition 2x), Business Professionals of America(1x international qualifier), Habitat for Humanity, Student Council, Unicef, Red Cross, Volunteer work(Including being worship band leader for church).
Did you do all 3 essays: Yes
Leadership: Deca treasurer and BPA vice president.
What is your highlight that you feel will make you stand out in the review process? Struggles with a divorce in the middle of high school and living paycheck to paycheck with a single mother explained in essay.

@pleaseadmit2022 I think your test scores and course rigor on top of ECs and leadership gives you a great shot at full admit. You should be extremely proud of all you have accomplished! Good luck but I don’t think you’ll need it.

When did you apply?

I applied 10/12 on ApplyTexas, but got my UIN back by 10/17

Would like to know what you think the chances are for an offer. We have back up offers but my DD has her heart set on being an Aggie. As I’ve stated before would be happy for a Blinn offer.

Application Date: 7/01
Auto-admit? Academic Admit? Review Admit?: Review Admit
GPA and Class Rank: 92 UW average; rank 129/586 top 22%
College applied for: College of Science
Major in that College: Mathematics
ECs: Cheer 2 years, Wranglers 2 years, FFA, almost all AP classes 100+ hours of volunteer, multiple mission trips, work experience
Did you do all 3 essays: yes
Excellent recommendations

What is your highlight that you feel will make you stand out in the review process? Great recommendations and good essays
In state/Out of State: In state
Current Status on AIS: Complete and in review-