TAMU Holistic review candidates Class of 2022

@Thelma2 You’re an amazing help, in more ways than one, thank you!

Hey! I was wondering what do you mean by announcing in ‘rounds’?Some other colleges I applied to told me that they announce results every week in batches on a particular time and day.Is it the same with a&m or it just happens randomly?

@ckmyd234 tamu has done it several ways. Before last year it was more in waves (dec, Jan and feb). Last year it seemed to be sporadic. Several days here and there with no rhyme or reason. So who knows this year. So far only one day has been released (last Monday). Crossing fingers and toes more peeps find out this week!!!

@TXagghopeful1 It was significantly cheaper to do Blinn Team and, in hindsight, wish my daughter has done two years on Blinn Team rather than just one for the cost savings alone. Her Freshman Blinn Team year was about $3,500 cheaper than her Sophomore Full TAMU year.

@Daydreamer2018 You are very kind. When my son was going through this process (class of 2020), in just reading A&M website and talking to my neighbor, whose student was a year ahead, A&M is more complicated because it is more competitive. It is a lot more competitive for just about everything than my other two college students. I found this forum while googling for answers to something and the folks on here @AGmomx2 and @lee6666 and some others not around anymore, were instrumental in navigating this process for us. In some cases, still are. I still seek out advice as things change for our situation, be it off campus housing, bus routes, parking, jobs, etc.

Being admitted is just the beginning. Getting the parking pass can be competitive, as they run out. Getting a sports pass before they sell out, registration and getting classes you need because of limited offerings per how many students need the class.

I will also tell you that while I can recall a lot of stuff, I also have a cheat sheet where I wrote down/copied and pasted a lot of info. This is especially true for all of the portals like AIS, Howdy and Housing, that those of us without applicant cannot access.

The forum is a huge support group for applicants and for me personally, and I am sure others feel the same, it is neat to see the support of applicants for one another as the wait is agonizing and we agonize right along with you. We cheer when you get the decisions you wanted and we commiserate with those of you who didn’t receive the decision you had hoped for.

Has anyone heard of any students getting into the Liberal Arts college?

@Whoop2022 my D was accepted to Liberal Arts last week. She was a holistic review for psychology

I would love to know the algorithm for admission for holistic reviews, because sometimes is it really make no sense from the stats and it is hard for me to believe that the essays are that much of a determinant. I know there is another applicant here that, honestly, is nearly identical to my D, gpa, test scores, right down to the ECs; she is still waiting on a decision. I used to scoff at the notion that big schools like TAMU actually read all the essays but at this point that is just about the only thing I see separating these two applicants. I also scoffed at the notion that maybe they only want 2 students who fit “x” profile (ie, suburban, NHS, cheerleaders who want to be psych majors) and the 3rd who seems similar is just SOL, but maybe there is some truth to that college application myth/legend?

@whoop2022 yes, a friend of our family was admitted last week. She is also psychology (liberal arts) and was a review admit.

@Daydreamer2018 Thank you so much for the info about TAMU-CC. Tough to get a good feel.
Much good luck to you.

@labegg may I ask what your daughters stats are? I applied July 1st for telecommunications. I haven’t heard back yet. I’m getting worried!

I suppose if review candidates are getting into the same major as my D and she is not in yet that she missed the first cut? Guessing this means the long wait until February to see if Gateway or Blinn Team is a possibility. UGH!

My son is in 2nd quarter of his class and would be so happy if offered Blinn Team. He was accepted to Baylor but wants to be in College Station.

@CyMom4 - similar situation. Son was admitted to Baylor with lots of “extras”, love the school but last week he heard the good word from A&M; full admit and Mays (he was in review). Very fortunate to have both options :-). Wishing you the same!

@CyMom4 and @SgtFriar2015 same situation. My D was recently admitted to Baylor but would rather be an Aggie! She is in the top 10.8% of her class but doesn’t have great SAT scores. I was hoping her class rank would make up for it as I think it shows that she worked hard but doesn’t necessarily test well. She will end up where she is meant to be!

Anyone know when the rest of the early action engineering student will hear?

has anyone heard of any more admission decisions coming out for review candidates? I know some were sent on the 21st but haven’t heard of any more since.

Has anyone come across anyone accepted as a review admit into the VM college or into the biomedical science major?

@labegg would you mind sharing your D other stats? I am just starting to panic a little even though it’s very early. I am applying as a biology major with psychology as my 2nd option.

Good Afternoon, I applied for admission to Texas A&M on October 13th and everything was processed on November 7th. I applied as a Business Major and had a few questions. I am a Senior at IDEA Frontier College Preparatory and a holistic review candidate.

1. Is it cheaper for my major to be done with Blinn team?
  2. When can I expect a Response?

I’d also like to know if anyone has been accepted into the Mays program as a review yet