TAMU Holistic review candidates Class of 2022

@YourCollegeMom <:-P Congrats to your son!! Whoop!! <:-P

Thanks @trish02. So excited.

I got a letter from A&M asking for IRS verification. Does that mean anything regarding my decision?

Sons info:

Application Date : 9/15
When did you get your UIN: 9/18

GPA and Class Rank: 5.01/6.0 & 3.6/4.0 top 12.8% (85/678)

AP’s: 3

SAT: 1320, (670Reading Writing /650 Math) got his updated score today. He took again on 12/2.

College applied for: 1. Business 2. Political Science

Major in that College: Business Administration /

Did you do all 3 essays: yes

In state/Out of State: in

Corps of Cadets No

ECs- football 4 years, NHS, younglife, works, volunteer work (PALS etc) youth football coach

2 letters of recs. 1 Aggie and 1 Coach.

What are his chances?

could someone explain to me on my AIS page why when looking at my SAT scores there are numbers by them that look like ACT scores? For example by my reading SAT it says 31 not what an SAT score would look like

So, I feel as if I was supposed to finding out today because of early action for engineering. What do you guys think of this and what should I do?

It says my application is being deferred because of Hurricane Harvey? It says it’s not my fault, is this normal?

Is there a specific reason why some people were admitted today and some were not?

Congrats to everyone that got in today! My son is still in review, praying he at least gets TEAM come February :-SS

@z062000 hmm that’s an unusual one. Haven’t seen anyone get deferred this early. I would think if your documents weren’t in yet you would just be in review til received. Maybe call admissions on Monday. Talk to a counselor. Don’t settle for the one who answers. Keep us posted.

@CyMom4 good luck! Trust me, I know this wait is awful. This is my second go round!

@bluefordaggie I would call on Monday if you did early action.

@bluefordaggie My son also had his application in for early decision for engineering, but no decision was made. What now?

@bluefordaggie Call the admissions office like @YourCollegeMom suggested. TAMU closes after the 21st for the holidays so its unlikely decisions will go out past next Friday until January.

What determines when you are accepted? Why are some people now and I am later?

I got an email telling my decision is being deferred and that they will try to inform me as soon as the applications close in january.That means I will be considered as a regular decision applicant.I am an International student so mine was deferred because of that maybe? My application was submitted on 13th October.

Got the differed email too. They said it was because of the application extension

I never get emails from tamu. should i make sure they still have my application on file bc… im a great candidate. there’s no reason for me to not be getting any sort of communications

@TXagghopeful1

I don’t get emails from TAMU, either. I already got accepted and not even a “congratulations you got accepted” email came to me.

EDIT: I also looked into your stats from a previous thread, if you haven’t received a deffer email by now then don’t give hope.

what do you mean?

So if the deferral good or bad?