TAMU Holistic review candidates Class of 2022

@TXagghopeful1 Try UT Dallas, UNT, or Texas Tech maybe they have your major.

@TXagghopeful1 try this list https://www.universities.com/find/texas/best/biomedical-sciences-general-degrees

@TXagghopeful1 I did not realize you were applying for biomed. It is one of the hardest majors to get as it is the only one in the vet school for undergrad. Assuming you want to be on a pre-vet track, they are extremely picky with who they select as it is a much more difficult major than animal science. Be patient when waiting for their decision. As for other schools in TX, they probably do not offer biomedical science because that major tends to be offered where there is a vet school. (I am not positive about this though because I applied mainly OOS) Maybe look into Tech as they are in the process of building a vet school. Otherwise a biology, chemistry, etc. degree will still lead you on the right track to vet school. Most kids accepted into vet school did not go to a school with a vet school, so a lot of kids do not major in something like BIMS. Again, this information will only apply if you want to become a vet. Good luck!

Freshman admits are not hand selected by the major (except COE for Gen Egr.) - BIMS is popular but is filled on space available basis NOT by review (it is in the College of vet med & bio. science).

My son received the Harvey email and we are getting discouraged.

My wife and I are more anxious than him. I can’t imagine that he will not be offered at least Blinn with a 1430 SAT.

it is actually for a premed track, i want to be a pediatrician. my second choice is public health, which i would be perfectly happy with, too. @pal321

thanks @Mandog82 @AGmomx2

@Jweed1

When did your son finish his application to TAMU?

@TXagghopeful1

Based on your stats, I think you’ll get into BlinnTeam. Would you be fine with that?

when i was filling out my applytexas application, the part for college credits required me to type in what college i earned the credit from, so i assumed the ap courses took in high school don’t count, but now i am seeing everyone posting about how many college credits they have, were we supposed to put in the credits we earned from the ap exams??? omg this would really mess up my application someone pls help!!

@Hailey7

The college credits section was for people who attended a community college of some sort and received actual college credit. AP scores are a different thing. You will give them your AP scores once you get admitted, so don’t worry.

@Shadowsych my son applied 7/1. His class rank is 28%.

My daughter who is top 10% admit also got the Harvey email. She trying to get in Engineering. With your son’s 1430 SAT he should have no problem. I just think they got really behind with the applications and extended the deadline which didn’t help.

I asked the University about this…they only want college credit for dual credit classes not AP class. If people put AP they did it wrong. My daughter had to make the correction to her app.

@Jweed1: I don’t know anything about the process for acceptance into Engineering, but I would also expect that your son, with such a high SAT would be a full admit into TAMU.

If I remember his stats, he is just outside of the top 25% or he would have been an Academic Admit. I would think that since his SAT is a lot higher than required for Academic Admit and that he is just barely outside of the 25% class rank that he would most likely receive a full admit. His probability for doing well at TAMU should be very high. But of course, I don’t know what the reviewers are looking for. Looking at the post from Thelma2 on the various offers for people who posted on this board last year (2017), there doesn’t appear to be a discernible pattern of admission… Hopefully, the reviewers will look favorably upon your son.

I realize that TAMU is increasing the number of Engineering students and there just isn’t enough room on the TAMU campus. If he gets offered the Blinn engineering or Blinn-TEAM options, he also has a very high probability of making good grades and rocking that experience. Any option that has him living the Aggie life in CStat is very good!

There is no stigma in CStat for anyone on Blinn TEAM etc. They have a TAMU ID, can purchase a Sports Pass, live and eat on the TAMU campus if they want and join any campus group. They just can’t play a sport for TAMU. As long as they can organize their classes so that they don’t have a short amount of time between classes on each campus (it is best to arrange classes at one campus on any give day) then the travel time isn’t an issue and they can catch the Blinn bus from the TAMU campus. And the credit hours are cheaper at Blinn which can save you some money!

Hang in there, try to enjoy the Holidays and his Senior year. I know that the wait is hard, last year we were waiting. Just don’t let the stress get to you and your family. This board is a great place to share the stress.

Has anyone else received a Harvey letter that isn’t applying for engineering? I am trying to think what possible trend they are sending those letters out and from what I’ve read so far all the people that got one are Eng.

@AggieMomAgain Thanks, we are still very hopeful and would be happy with Blinn. Before he rocked the SAT on his last attempt, Blinn was his reach.

He is excited about TAMU but being in the Corps is his dream. He has never worked so hard for anything and the waiting is hard.

The deferment letter is for engineering applicants. The Early Decision option was for engineering applicants only. Due to the extended deadline to apply to Texas A&M because of Hurricane Harvey, some engineering decisions are being deferred until January, even though they met the Early Decision deadline last October.

It happened last year as well for the class of 2021 applicants. Receiving the deferral letter means they are going on Winter Break and no more decisions will be made until January. January decisions came out about Jan 16 and were for full admit, Galveston, and Blinn Engineering Academy as well as denied engineering and asked to chose another major, if already admitted to university.

@TXagghopeful1 what is your rank/test scores again? I remember us having similar stats but I am just wondering… a lot of people are giving you insight and I want to see what my chances are as well! Thanks

I was wondering if anyone knows how to set up a date to take the ACT at a&m? I have looked on their website but can;t seem to find anything.