TAMU Holistic review candidates Class of 2022

Only 50% of the decision is stats (rank & score) the other 50% is everything else on the application. You may not know everything that is listed on another person’s application, the recommendation letter contents, their essay content, EC both in and out of school and maybe possible hardships that are listed. There is no score/rank chart for TAMU for review candidates because that is not how it works here.

@AGmomx2 you are so very right. I keep reiterating that some have different obstacles to overcome and have fought so hard to get in. We have no way of knowing what catches a counselors eye. I just have faith that the plan God has will unfold in HIS time not ours. This board is such a help!

Would it help to send this last semester’s transcript when we receive it in January? Our school added 20+ students that finished last year in detention back in after the transcripts were sent out in August. She would have been auto if they had done it before sending out. It also shows that she made all As in AP and dual credit classes.

@Evon1254 You’re implying this for Engineering, right? I was told there won’t be another wave until January for all majors except for Engineering. Just wanted peeps to be clear so they don’t have false hope. HOWEVER, if you have heard differently, that would be fantastic to get a second wave this week!!!

@YourCollegeMom Non-engineering majors have gotten accepted this week, I’m not sure if there is going to be a huge wave. I’m just saying that there have been and will continue to be acceptances up until the weekend.

@beckistew I would send in any updated information - certainly can’t hurt. May sway someone even if it isn’t suppose to count. On the flip side, since she is now an auto admit, you can also apply for the spring as an auto admit - take a gap semester. You CAN’T take ANY college courses after graduation to remain an incoming freshman candidate – just ONE credit course & you become a transfer student with different admission criteria.

@admittedaggie thank you for the info it makes me stress a tiny bit less lol! Hoping I will find out after the holidays.

@beckistew : Sure, I would send in an updated class ranking that puts her into the top 10%! The application deadline has been set back because of Harvey , right? Check with a TAMU Admissions counselor in your area just to make sure of what is included in the new deadline date, but it sounds like a good idea to me. :slight_smile:

And it would be an ominous sign if her friends were being rejected, so tell her to take it as a positive sign that they have been accepted, even if they are going for different majors. Her application just hasn’t been reviewed yet, it all takes time.

It will be very interesting to see just how many applications were submitted for Fall 2018. Last year, for Fall 2017, there were 42,000+ applications when my younger daughter went through the process. That was about 10,000 more than in Fall 2012, when my oldest daughter applied. Can’t imagine what it will be like by the time my future grand-children are ready for college.

Weird…my daughter’s Howdy shows one minute updated 12/11/2017 and then I look at it again and it show 11/17/2017??? Hoping to hear soon…this is killing her and ME! Animal Science major so no deferred email.

Asking for my best friend - she is taking the ACT at a&m on Thursday. I know that you can not write on it but are you allowed to use scratch paper for the math section and such? She scored a 1200 on her SAT and this will be her only ACT so she’s trying to prepare her best. She would be thrilled with Blinn team.

@Cowboydoghouse …The same thing happened to my son. It had an update date of 12/11/17, but now it has gone back to 11/17/17. However, he is an early decision engineering applicant. He did not get a decision. He also did not get the deferral email. (He’s a holistic review candidate for the University.) Dying over here!!! Insight anyone?

@AggieMomAgain Like many people have said, stats are only 50%. My suggestion from looking at these forums is that a candidate with a 30% class rank and a 1280 SAT is about where a candidate with a 35% class rank and a 1340 SAT. Obviously there are outliers (since there exists the qualitative other 50% of the picture). What I very roughly see is something like 60-70 SAT points = 5% of class rank. Anyone agree/disagree.

@HopefulAg22 Hey! I just took my ACT at A&M yesterday. Yeah, you can’t write on it… that was a surprise to me! :frowning:

It’s a previous ACT 2017-2018 test. I was given 2 pieces of scratch paper & if I needed more I could ask for some more. (I used up both pages.)

They supply you with their own pencils. You get a normal break between the math and reading section.

I would tell your friend to definitely study a bit, especially the science section. Science is the biggest difference between the SAT & ACT. Most first time takers get overwhelmed with the science.

Tell her goodluck!

How does A&M release waves? Do you guys know when is the next one? Has there been big or small waves? Do they come out on a specific day of the week? If so what day and what time usually do they come out?

@TXagghopeful1 PLEASE, please do not give up and stick around and keep posting.

@Lupescupe People on CC call them waves, because it seems that the decisions are released in bulk, instead of hearing of them everyday. There is no rhyme or reason to when decisions come out except by looking at past years dates. Decisions for review applicants are likely over until Jan. When in Jan, no one knows exactly.

Engineering dates are released separately from all other majors due to the Early Decisions/Regular Decision dates. The first review applicant decisions on CC was Jan 3-10, with a big majority hearing not until Feb. 13-16.

@whoop2022 thanks so much I will let her know!

Anyone having login issues with Howdy or AIS this evening. Been trying to login since earlier this evening.

Login to Howdy or AIS is no more valid. Not sure what is going on. S got admitted to Mays in Sept.

No longer valid? Since today? I have logged in multiple times per day for 3 months and today was first time I have had a problem.

@Cowboydoghouse same thing happened on my daughter’s Howdy but she was accepted last Friday. Hang in there!