TAMU Holistic review candidates Class of 2022

GPA: 4.0
College applied for: Agriculture & Life Sciences
Major: Nutrition

@2022student everyone should hear by mid February (going off prior years). However, a lot of review admits start hearing in December. Hope that helps. Best of luck! I know what it feels like to wait it out.

Application Date: 10/09/17
GPA and Class Rank:101.21 Rank67/643 10.4%
ACT Composite 27
SAT 1350…still waiting for that score to show up in application :confused:
College applied for: Physics
Major in that College: BS
ECs: JV Dance 1 Year,Varsity Dance 3years,Youth Advisory Council 2 years, Piano 8 years, Church Youth band pianist 1 Year
Did you do all 3 essays: yes!
What is your highlight that you feel will make you stand out in the review process? Hoping class rank will be good enough, with SAT and ACT scores
In state/Out of State: In state
Current Status on AIS: AIS

Reply   Share on Facebook

@kach95 Wow girl. Your stats are impressive. I cannot even fathom a way you would not get full acceptance. Keep us posted and good luck!

Thanks! Her HS is not considering her to be top 10%, they say she is just out side of that, but I’m wondering if TAMU looks at it differently. Its only been a little over a week since she applied. A friend of ours had applied on 10/04/17 and got an acceptance package in the mail on 10/14/17…she was auto admit though.

Sadly, TAMU ranks only if the school doesn’t rank. So they will take the HS ranking of just over 10% in this case. At this time, only auto admits and academic admits have been notified. Review will be a while.

Application Date: Completed 8/09

AIS: A few Days Later

GPA and Class Rank: 3.5ish and School Does Not Rank (2nd Quartile On AIS)

AP Classes: 10

ACT Composite: 27

SAT: 1360

College applied for: Dwight Look College Of Engineering

Major in that College: Petroleum Engineering

ECs: Academic Decathlon, Solar Racing Team, STEM programme, Volunteer work

Did you do all 3 essays: Yep!

What is your highlight that you feel will make you stand out in the review process? I have certifications in SolidWorks as well as at least what I feel are well-written essays.

In state/Out of State: In State

Current Status on AIS: In Review For Ever And Ever

@Evon1254 I’m truly laughing out loud at your “current status” response! Too funny and trust me when I say there are so many that feel the same way. Your ECs are really cool. I think those will stand out to the Engineering school once accepted into TAMU. Well done!

Your SAT is great, hopefully they will look at your course rigor to realize that 10 AP classes might drop a student into 2nd quartile. If you were top 25% you’d be academic admit (I’m sure you knew that)… but just saying that should count for something. Especially when your school doesn’t rank. I’m assuming you applied early decision?

@YourCollegeMom Yea, I made the early action deadline of Oct 15th. Do you happen to have any idea when they start accepting holistic candidates? I don’t think anyone has been yet. But I might be wrong.

@evon1254 in the past few years, holistic reviews started getting notified in December. Not sure if it will be earlier this year since it opened up in July or if they are sticking with the Dec. Final decisions go out in February (typically). As for Engineering, review candidates could find out before the rest of the majors. It will be interesting to see how it plays out this year.

Application deadline has now been extended to January 1, documents by January 10. Review admits will now probably take even longer.

My application status is now completed and in a review. It just happened today. I have a GPA 3.88, and I am a transfer student. I applied for mechanical engineering. does anyone know what are my chances to get in? How long does it take to let me know if I got admitted or not?

@hopefulparent18 That is crazy. I just found out too. They aren’t disclosing why but said nothing else will change as far as when students will be notified, so let’s keep our fingers and toes crossed!!!

@hopefulparent18 Where did you read that?

@Aggie1992 Not enough details in what you provided, but you should hear back sooner rather than later for Spring transfer. Good luck. Engineering is tough but your GPA shows you have put in the work. Be proud!

@jenniferaggie91 I heard it from admissions. They aren’t publicly posting it, but you can ask them and they will tell you. I have never heard of them doing this. There must be a good reason though.

my GPA is 3.88, but I have a GPA 4.0 for my sciences and calculus. I have been in the USA only 2 years, but I did some volunteering, and my essay, in my opinion, is pretty strong. I’m so nervous. Do you know when they usually let us know?

@hopefulparent18 and @YourCollegeMom That could really change things for some candidates. Our school re-ranks at the end of the semester - not sure if it would be before Jan 1 (so before Christmas break) but those on the border could potentially have another chance to get in Top 10. I am betting our counselors wouldn’t do it before Christmas break - I bet they do it and release it in January/February. It would give students one more crack at the SAT in December. HOPEFULLY it won’t delay admission decisions. The wait is too much anyway! :slight_smile:

When my daughter was a transfer student, she found out in Oct. but she applied on August 1st. It also depends on department. Transfer students are admitted per college and not direct admit through admissions department.

Thank you for your information! I guess I just need to wait.