TAMU Holistic review candidates Class of 2022

@HopefulAg22 public health

@prayingforAggie3 that’s great news!!

How do you do a live chat with admissions? I’ve never heard of that before.

I think I’ll keep it the same for a while. I’m not sure what major I’d like to pursue at the moment. I don’t know about any accurate career aptitude tests for seniors.

@TXagghopeful1 If I was you I wouldn’t worry about changing your major. I’m pretty sure nor BIMS or public health would already be full, plus your admission is said to not be based on your major at all.

does AIS/Howdy update during the weekends?

@TXagghopeful1 During business hours 8-5 there’s a live chat option on the office of admissions pages. Its a great way to ask quick questions instead of waiting for an email response.

To be frank i dont think that TAMU wants me.I have been a diehard fan ever since i heard about them.I know being an international student does lower my chances by i see people around me being accepted with lower or similar stats.I got into Umass amherst for computer engineering with a 12k per yr scholarship and have now waited alot of time for tamu.I think i should just withdraw my application.

@ckmyd234 You’ve come too far to give up. You have absolutely nothing to lose by waiting. The engineering decisions should really amp up over the next month. Kids with similar stats as my son were accepted and he was feeling confused too. The waiting sucks, withdrawing is giving up.

@ckmyd234 I second what @hopeTAMUengmom said. Don’t give up! That’s fear and frustration talking. Hang tight and stay positive. You are definitely not alone!

@ckmyd234 My son is also waiting for his engineering decision, and it is extremely hard for all of you. I wanted to share with you what I told him about a week ago. I assured him that the decisions are on their way. They will come. Do what you can in the meantime to be ready for that day. Keep up your school work and other activities. Take care of yourself. Do these things now to help your situation when the future arrives. Stay positive!

Howdy!
Application Date: 12/01/17
GPA and Class Rank: I don’t know my GPA and 159/684
ACT Composite: N/A
SAT: 990
College applied for: Agriculture
Major in that College: Forensic and Investigative Science
ECs: 4yrs AFJROTC, NHS Member, Stuco, forensics club, co chair of teacher appreciation committee (for NHS), Deputy logistics officer in AFJROTC, 50 hours (approx.) community service
Did you do all 3 essays: Yes
What is your highlight that you feel will make you stand out in the review process? My essays
In state/Out of State: in state
Current Status on AIS: “My App Is Complete and In Review”

With that being said, how do I find out my GPA? No one in my immediate family has gotten accepted into a university so Im running solo. Ive done everything solo and find out new methods for college stuff. So I appreciate anyones advice on here. A big help to me since I dont know what im running into :slight_smile:

I got in.

@BriTheIntrovert Check your AIS and A&M will have listed your class rank by quarter. Your GPA will be on your HS transcript. Hope this helps. Good Luck!

Curious about what tabs are seen once admitted? at present there are 3 Home/Apllicant/My Howdy. Also does having a sibling studying in TAMU and in the Corps help?

Applied in July and patiently hoping for a favorable reply from TAMU. My brother is currently in his senior year.

He was also a review candidate and didn’t get into engineering which was his first and second choice. He however changed his major to Math after being admitted.

@ChennaiAg siblings and legacies don’t count unfortunately. I have several friends who work for tamu; some as coaches,profs, admin type capacities. Even that doesn’t help.

The other tabs are finanance, student life and my record.

@Daydreamer2018 what are your stats

@victor electric: CONGRATULATIONS ON FULL ACCEPTANCE!! I am so glad that your stellar SAT/ACT scores were given more weight than your 48% class rank!! I think that you are well prepared academically for TAMU!!

Just please make sure that you also find a small group to join so that you have a core group of like minded friends. TAMU is a HUGE place, you also need a social group. Of course, make sure that you plan in time to study and be prepared for classes AND ATTEND ALL CLASSES :), but don’t isolate yourself either.

I hope that you have a wonderful time at TAMU, stop back here and let us know how you are doing next year and give advice to the students who come after you!

Hello, I just joined after lurking for several months. This site has been very informative so I wanted to post my son’s stats and will follow up when we receive a decision. My son was accepted to Auburn and Texas Tech but his heart has always been set on Aggieland.

Application Date: 10/22
GPA and Class Rank: 3.6/38%
ACT Composite. 25
SAT. 1280 reading 610/math 670
College applied for: engineering
Major in that College: Civil
ECs: set up and take down crew at church, multiple mission trips to Mexico, school basketball team (4years), year round club team for 7 years, summer job at the LCRA, internship at the Texas Legislature.
Did you do all 3 essays: yes
What is your highlight that you feel will make you stand out in the review process? Willingness to serve
In state/Out of State: in state
Current Status on AIS: under review

Still waiting… any feedback would be appreciated

Thanks!

Welcome @trinley Thank you for posting your son’s stats. This forum is a wealth of info as decisions turn to housing, NSC, parking and registering etc.