TAMU Holistic review candidates Class of 2022

I doubt it. Howdy was down for regular maintenance today. There was a warning about it yesterday. Unfortunately, I don’t think it has anything to do with admissions.

@gigem21 You are a kind person to write this encouragement.

We are concerned that the applicant pool may be bigger this year, with the application window having been open more than two additional months longer. Admissions has been communicating nothing or, worse, inconsistently, and this suggests that they may be overwhelmed, leading to more concern about any predictable or reasonable timing of notifications or more difficulty perhaps getting in. I am an Aggie and feel this handling is completely avoidable and reflects less than well on the university. Unfortunately, this situation is very hard on young people trying to plan and trying to make it through their senior year. Several people have tried to get any sort of schedule from Admissions with poor to no results. Even a commitment to release batches of admissions on, say, only Fridays at 7 a.m., would save everyone’s time and worry. I sincerely hope the university rethinks their handling of admissions.

I say this from the perspective of a professional who has to meet commitments, and not to be mean. Even if Admissions said that they are overwhelmed, for example, folks would be understanding. They have not met their original published schedule and, in fact, did not set and commit to another one post-Harvey. I am sure they are trying their best for all these young people, but there should be better communication. A little credible communication would go a long way toward fostering good will this year and in the future.

They do some updating on social media - check out twitter as another source of information. Pretty sure mid-Feb is the new estimated date. Website updates are far slower to change and they target the social media generation. You’ll discover that colleges really want the student to be the POC and social media is ‘their’ thing. Facebook is pretty big for parental information …we’re always one tech step behind our kids! Best of luck!

Thank you, @AGmomx2. Some kids avoid social media, and the applicants who have tried online chat may not have not been directed to Twitter. Let’s hope that mid-February holds up!

Hey can anyone tell me the twitter handle which posts admissions update.

One is #aggiebound, but they use others as well.

Son’s information:

Applied 12/23/18

3.3 GPA
High School Non-Ranking
Texas A&M has him ranked in 2nd quarter
ACT-31
SAT-1370
6 or 7 AP courses
Finance Major first choice
Economics second choice
In State
All 3 essays submitted as well as letter of rec. from his counselor

High School attended is extremely competitive and highly ranked as are all 6 elementary schools and both middle schools (If you live in the Austin area you can probably guess which high school and district). Not to say my son couldn’t have done better in school, he could have and should have but didn’t get “serious” about his grades until this year! Oh well, it is what it is.

My son and I attended the Singing Cadet concert in Austin on 1/20/18 and there were a lot of tables set up with different university representatives including the Admissions Office. We were told that they would be finished reviewing all applications by the end of March. Based on that he is expecting to hear some time in March or April.

Just praying for TEAM Blinn. He would be thrilled with that.

Congratulations to all who have been accepted so far and good luck to everyone else.

Sorry, should read Singing Cadets concert.

Have they given out any blinn team or gateway offers yet?

No blinn or gateway til all full admits are done could be same wave but not before.

I chatted with admission’s today and they are saying 2-3 weeks or earlier we should hear. I am hopeful it earlier than later. Feel like I am missing out on housing opportunities, etc.

TBH, the admission process thus far for TAMU has been less than impressive. My husband and myself are both Aggie graduates but watching my own child and many others get strung along for almost 7 months now with almost no communication is just disappointing and to the point of being ridiculous and disrespectful. Numerous other colleges face large applicant numbers and varying circumstances and have it much more together. The whole thing has just put a really sour taste in my mouth for the school I have loved for 25 years.

@momlee26 UT Austin is actually having the simialr issue right now. Good luck to everyone!

I don’t understand why the date for admissions decisions is never consistent. It’s annoying.

The wait is agnonizing. I’d be much more at ease if I had a specific day to look forward to. I’m left on edge every single day now. Getting my hopes up and crashing when they aren’t met. I can’t help it though.

This thread is approaching 100,000 views. Why doesn’t someone from admissions start posting some helpful and accurate information? They could stay anonymous but some accurate information about when to expect acceptances would be very appreciated.

Ditto here! My daughter has enrollment and housing deposits down at 3 other schools at the moment. If we kept waiting for A&M, she’d be stuck living in some hel*hole at another school if she doesn’t get in to A&M. Ridiculous!

Does anyone have a ballpark idea of how many people have been accepted?

@shanjohnson26 of the people I know who applied as holistic review only 1/3 have heard back so I am not sure of how many people but I would assume the number isn’t too big.