TAMU Holistic review candidates Class of 2022

So is it just engineering that’s gone out today? I applied for Mays 1st (though I’ve heard that’s filled up?), then liberal arts second so if that’s the case I feel a bit better.

I’m sorry to say but Mays is filled up already according to an admission counselor at the University.

@Lupescupe Should change my 1st choice to liberal arts then? I’m not sure if that helps my chances or if it’s too late.

@ckmyd234 I guess I don’t understand what your Howdy says. You got 6 tabs today which is good, when you login to Howdy under Applicant - Manage Applications what does it say for major?

I don’t want to give advice solely because I don’t completely know everything.

@Lupescupe your choice on major has no impact in the admission decision to the university. If you are denied your first choice they move you to your second. That’s why you have to submit 2 choices.

@hopeTAMUengmom it shows this under manage applications
Application Status: Under Review
Level : Undergraduate
Major: ENGE
Program: BAC-ENGE-CE

I feel stupid but what do y’all mean when referring to the 3 or 6 tabs?

@ckmyd234 I can’t speak from experience on the Application Status still saying under review because my son was admitted prior to being accepted to engineering.

I did keep screenshots of his Major & Program while he was in review and those changed on Howdy the day before his AIS showed he was accepted to engineering. I would not be surprised if your AIS did not update later today or in the morning to show you were accepted to the university and the engineering program. When my son’s changed I called admissions and asked if it meant he was accepted because Howdy had updated and they told me they can only see what AIS shows. It’s certainly a good sign that it changed!

While in review his showed: Major: UNEN Program: BAC-UNEN
Day before AIS updated it changed to: Major: ENGE Program: BAC-ENGE-ES

@shanjohnson26 On Howdy connect, you have 3 tabs - Home, Applicant, and My Howdy. When you get three more (I’m not sure exactly what they’re supposed to say), it’s a pretty good indicator you’re getting an acceptance later that day.

@ckmyd234 d234 You most assuredly have full admit to TAMU. Blinn Team and or PSA will come out in the last wave along with full admits.

@likeclockwork48 changing major has zero effect. Stick with Mays and they’ll bump you to 2nd choice. It is definitely filled up (since Nov.). My son was Mays then AgBus… he got Agbus back in Dec. and he was review admit.

@shanjohnson26 In howdy, before you are admitted, there are only 3 tabs. Home, Applicant and another one I can’t remember. When they switch you to admitted, you get 3 more tabs. Home/Applicant/My Record/Finance/My howdy/Student life (not necessarily in that order). Once you see 6 tabs at this point, you are sure to get full admit on AIS by that evening or next day. Once we get to the end of Feb… 6 tabs could also mean Blinn Team or Gateway, but never PSA.

Hope this helps!

Got the 6 tabs. Where and when will see that it is official?

I chatted with admissions, but I got annoyed bc they kept answering my questions with obviously genetric messages that didn’t give me any information and didn’t provide an answer to my question. I asked to speak with someone else and he gave me the exact same generic message. It is easy to tell when they are actually responding to you and when they’re selecting prewritten messages. It was very rude. I felt that they didn’t care to speak to me.

Generic*

If I get into UT this Thursday, since I applied priority, I am officially giving up on tamu. I applied a month earlier to tamu than UT and have had more communication come through from UT (though they hadn’t talked much either) but at least they gave a single date for information to come (whether it be a decision or deferral). I just feel that tamu doesn’t care about their applicants and that upsets me. I decided to apply there and that should be an honor they should be proud of, rather than leaving me cold. I am beyond annoyed.

@putter49 Congrats! My daughter’s experience was in November. Her Howdy changed from 3 to 6 tabs before 7am and her application status/AIS change to Accepted! at 5pm the same day. I’m not sure if that’s an official time frame but what we experienced in November. The official acceptance packet didn’t arrive until a couple of weeks later in the mail.

I got the 6 tabs and my major updated to General Engineering(Computer CS Track). I hope this is a good thing but after what happened to Purdue(having the tabs meant waitlist), I am a little afraid.
P.S. I am OOS and review

So did only engineering go out today? (I’m not engineering)

It means you’re in. 6 tabs are good for Tamu. Pinky promise

We keep looking for the official tab change…but applied at thanksgiving. :slightly_frowning_face: The wait is exasperating to say the least!