TAMU Holistic review candidates Class of 2022

hang in there @mamma3g very few review candidates have heard yet.

@mamma3g at least you won’t be waiting 7+ months like some of these kids have… hang in there more decisions have to start rolling out soon.

Those that got 6 tabs this morning should check AIS. My son just got the official notification via AIS. Good luck everybody.

Just got accepted into the civil engineering program :slight_smile:

Just got admitted into civil engineering program. Out of state, 1340 SAT, 630m, 710r, 4.0, top 10%, 95.3 average. Only one AP class, English.

thank you.

People have been getting accepted into engineering all day! So excited because that means other majors (like mine) will be getting notified soon! I’m a Biology major! Praying to get that acceptance soon!

Do y’all think another wave for non engineering will go out this week?

@AggieHopeful1 what’s your stats?

I am not a good test taker and my SAT scores are way lower than I have seen with others under review, I’m just hoping for the best. I didn’t know I wanted to be an Aggie until this year and I didn’t really try my best in school until now. Hoping my GPA and Class Rank bump. I am a first generation college student and I really want to be an Aggie. Everyone says I can’t do it and so it encourages me to try my best and to prove everyone wrong.
SAT- First 1060 Essay 4,4,4 Second 1050 Essay 6,6,6
Act- Didn’t take
Class Rank - 124/436
Three AP classes
Graduating with 21 college credits
Essays A, B, and C
I am getting recommendation letters written now and submitting soon
First Choice Major - Biology
Second Choice - Dance Science
Activities
Colorguard member (Freshman year)
Colorguard Captain (Sophomore to Senior)
Marched Guardians Drum and Bugle Corps (Junior)
Student Council (Junior to Senior)
Band (Freshman to Junior)
Spartans for Christ (Freshman to Senior)
Best Buddies (Junior to Senior)
HOSA (Senior)
Volunteer Hours
Dominican Republic (65 hours) Built homes, ministered to people
Disaster Relief for Harvey (12 hours)
Mission Northeast (4) Sorted through clothing for Harvey victims
Referee at Church Event (3 hours)
Served at Manners Banquets for 5th graders (28 hours)
Blood Drive (32 hours)
Trunk or Treat (12 hours)
Women’s Shelter (4 hours)
Awards
First Division Soloist
US Bands First Place
Open Class Finalist at Drum Corps
Second Division Ensemble
First place WG award
Self Employed - house cleaning over the summer (5hrs per week)

AIS JUST GOT CHANGED TO FULL ACCEPTANCE!!!
Here are my stats for everyone waiting or wanting to compare.Hang in there many will be notified this week!
Application date:13th October
Received UIN on 17th October
Application put into review on 25th October
Residency:International
I am International student so gpa measurement is different
9th grade:89%
10th grade:90%
11th:80%
12th:85%
Sat:1370(750 math and 620EBRW)
Sat subject tests:Maths level2(760) and Physics (750)
Toefl:108
College applied:college of engineering
Major:computer engineering
Did all 3 essays
ECs:
National level football(9 to 11 grade)
Selected to represent india in nepal for football tournament.
1 month Internship in quality assurance department at a wheel rim manufacturing factory
Social work volunteer at pumpkin house for children trust
Offered opportunity to attend football camp in Sweden(9 grade)
District level roll ball(11 grade)
Offered trip to nasa by securing rank in national astronomy Olympiad
Co-curricular headboy of school(10 grade)
3years in student council
Board of director member of rotary interact club.(ngo)
Played drum in school throughout school life beginning in 2nd grade
Anchoring and conducting the school annual show(grade 10)
Professional course in c programming language(grade 11)
took professional course in basic german(grade 11)
Winner at interschool drama competition
District level table tennis(grade 9)
Took part in various environmental drives,blood donation camps etc
Attempted many Olympiads like national science Olympiad,international English Olympiad,national cyber Olympiad during grade 9
My highlight:NASA invite and also the fact that despite I didnt have good facilities I excelled studying on my own and my football career.

Hi, I just got an acceptance from TAMU this morning. However though the decision letter says that my admission is secure, the college is undeclared and the major is Engineering review. Can someone explain what this means, does this mean that I have to go through a general engineering course for the freshmen year or does it mean that I might still get my primary major (mechanical engineering btw)?

Thanks for any help!!

@Edi113 all freshman go through general engineering. You don’t choose your major until the spring of freshman year. If it says engineering review you may not have been accepted to engineering yet. Congratulations on getting accepted to the university. If you review previous posts or go to the engineering thread you will get more information specifically for engineering admittance.

@Edi113 also would you mind posting your stats? Thanks

@trinley Thanks for the info, so just another question. when does the college usually notify the candidates in engineering review about their majors?

My stats:
Application Date: 1/1/18 (RD)
10th grade IGCSE: 6 A*s and an A
School does not report class rank and I am doing the IB Diploma in which I am predicted 35
SAT: 1460, 770 in maths and 690 in the Reading and Writing section
SAT II: 750 in physics
IELTS: 8.0
Major in that College: Mechanical engineering
Got strong recommendations letters from my Physics teacher and Counselor

Wrote all 3 essays, and got them reviewed by a lot of people and got good comments
A ton of social service activities in the past 3 years at an NGO and contributed to the environmental protection community, Played football and badminton in high school, participated in a great number of model united nations and been learning a musical instrument for the past 1.5 years. Also, a bunch of subject related co-curricular activities.
Out state applicant (US citizen living abroad)

Just online chatted with admissions again and they said that the engineering students should hear back either Friday or
Saturday.

@bluefordaggie Will the review applicants know by the end of this week, too? My son is in the second quarter so I imagine they are informing the top 10% and auto admits now?

@Edi113 Your acceptance was to the university, as you qualify for academic admission to the university. Every engineering applicant undergoes holistic review to be placed into the general engineering program.

If you are unaware of how the engineering program works at TAMU university, here are some links to read up on it.
You will have the first opportunity to apply to the desired specific major in April of your freshman year, if you have satisfactorily completed the requirements. For class 2020, 86% of eligible engineering students received their first choice major. 93% received their first or second choice major.

Your stats are strong and your math score high. I don’t think you will have any issue being offered full admission to College Station.

Here is about the program https://engineering.tamu.edu/academics/advisors-procedures/entry-to-a-major

Here is info about 4th semester general engineering, should an applicant still not be in a major.
https://engineering.tamu.edu/academics/advisors-procedures/fourth-semester-general-engineering-program-student-policy

Engineering at Galveston, where general engineering students complete their first year in Galveston before automatically moving to College Station after successfully applying to major. http://engineering.tamu.edu/academics/engineering-at-galveston

Another admissions decision offered by TAMU is the Engineering Academy at Blinn
https://www.blinn.edu/engineering_academy/index.html

Thank You @bluefordaggie for that information Let’s hope that happens, since they actually gave you a specific time frame.

@GManmom123 I think this week is for the engineering kids because we were supposed to find out in December but got deferred. The rest of the reviews I’d imagine will hear in a week or two

@bluefordaggie Was that timeline for those who applied Early Decision and were deferred or all did you get the gist that it was for all engineering applicants? @GManmom123 is a review to the university engineering applicant.