TAMU Holistic review candidates Class of 2022

@whoop2022 By last two cycles, I was meaning the last two application cycles, not admission waves. Sorry for the confusion. As I was saying before, in the past, there were several dribbles of admissions in the first few days but everyday it seemed, from the 12-17th, there were lots receiving decisions, everyday.

Will those dates hold true for this year as well? No one knows and no way to tell.

Admissions Decisions Update from Regional Advisor

“Howdy Texas A&M Applicant,

Due to the application being open later than usual, in response to Hurricane Harvey, our Holistic Review Admissions Decisions have been delayed. Our Admissions Review Committee is hoping to have all decisions released by March 1st.

You can continue to check your AIS Portal every Tuesday and Thursday morning for updates.

Please do not submit any additional items or documentation to Admissions at this time. Those added items will not be considered.

Thanks for your patience during this unusual year. Our thoughts and prayers still go out to those affected by the hurricane.

Thanks and Gig’em,”

@whoop22 congrats! hope you still stick around to hear from a&m but that’s great!!! Looks like we are opposite, as soon as A&M admitted me I pulled my UT app for the same reasons.

1120 SAT only have 71 people in class 1st quarter 5 letters of recommendation from Aggies, Teachers, and Employer
National Honor Society
Maintaining a 3.5 GPA while providing Community Service, and
Leadership, while demonstrating good moral Character
from May 8, 2016 to present
Visual Arts Scholastic Event ( Statewide Art Competition)
Regional Qualifier 9,10
COMMUNI TY SERVICE
Football Manager 200 hours Freshman year
Football Trainer 600 hours Sophomore-Senior year
Real Ale Brewing Bicycle Race 40 hours Freshman-Senior year
Zonta Club for Women 9 hours Sophomore-Senior year
Vacation Bible School Teacher 30 hours Freshman-Junior year
Nursing home reader 600 hours Freshman-Senior year
Concession Stand for Junior Class 25 hours Freshman and Junior year
Pedernales Falls Flood River Clean up 80 hours Sophomore year
Vault Foster Parents Pantry 23 hours Sophomore year
Junior High Tennis Team helper 40 hours Junior and Senior year
Hurricane Harvey Relief “Harvey Socks” collected over 1300 pairs of socks
to be donated to the coast of Texas 120 hours Senior Year 2018
1st Runner-up Blanco County Fair and Rodeo Queens Contest
Represented Blanco County in community events
from August 20, 2016 - August 21, 2017
HIGH SCHOOL ACTIVITIES
Student Council Member at Large Freshman and Sophomore year
Basketball Freshman-Senior year
Track 800 meter Freshman-Senior year
Tennis Freshman-Senior year
Art Club Freshman-Senior year
Spanish Club Sophomore and Junior year
One Act Play Junior and Senior year
Athletic Manager/ Trainer Freshman-Senior year.
Showcased voice acting prowess in two TV commercials
from February to March 2017from February to March 2017
Babysitter for numerous families from 2011 until 2016
Lowe’s Grocery Store- Clerk 20 hours weekly from June 2016 until present

Did anybody got 6 tabs today? In short : is there any wave coming out today?

@Dhg712 I have not heard anything yet

In regard to post by @hopefulaggie22 above, am I the only person hearing this “Tuesday and Thursday morning” thing for the very first time (after 6 months of wondering how this works)? But then again…isn’t today Thursday? Did anyone get admitted?

@Hopefulaggie22 where did you get this information from?

Has anyone here been accepted with a 1170-1200 SAT and applied in November?

@Mandog82 my daughters boyfriend got accepted Dec 19 to engineering with an 1180. He was ranked behind my daughter so around 11%. He received a letter from the Dean of Engineering stating he was one of the few holistic admitted due to his strong course load this year. He is taking several dual credit math and science courses. He has 3 older brothers that graduated from A&M and marked that he was interested in the Corps. Who knows what caught their eye

The most frustrating part of waiting for my son is that he was an auto academic admit and he should have had his decision in the very first wave months ago. He was actually expecting it, which was sad. He finished his junior year at a very large, competitive 6a high school in Texas, ranked in the top 5%, Full course load, 4 and 5’s on all of his AP exams, athlete, ec’s, volunteer hours, tests scores falling right in the listed average ranges for TAMU, and even signed an official document with his school counselor declaring that he had earned auto admit in Texas…and then our family was required to move out of state for a job relocation last summer prior to senior year and I guess TAMU declared it null and void. He put in the work, he earned it, and he still waits. He may not even get in now, just because of our address. He is an amazing student and young man, jumped right in to his new school to make it the best year he could. Luckily he is sitting on some awesome other college acceptances and scholarship offers. He will end up finding his place, whether that be at TAMU or not.

Really praying they have some big waves next week. They are his first choice and the last one still in review.

In the past two years, the big releases came the week of Feb 12-17 for review applicants. All decisions types were released during this period.
It is yet to be seen if this year follows the same pattern, with the application deadline extension. The engineering decision deadlines have come and gone and people are still waiting.

Chances Anyone?
selected major: Engineering
SAT: 1310
GPA: 3.72
70+ dual credit hours
(have taken college algebra, currently enrolled in university calculus)
Eagle Scout

CAPed at UT and awaiting A&M response. I knew that UT engineering was competitive, I didn’t realize the level of selectivity until scrolling through the class of 2022 discussion. Thinking about applying to UT Dallas as well.

Thelma, from your past experience is there any logic you can share from prior years around who gets offered Engineering @ Galveston?

Logic? None whatsoever! LOL

One of the problems is that a lot of people posted their stats and many did not come back to report their decisions. :frowning: But, from what I have collected, it kind of leans towards high rank and low SAT to low rank with high SAT. But it is a small sampling, with only 9 people reporting their decision but in all 9 cases, the above was the case. One was 12% and 1080 SAT (570Math). The others 22- 25%ers had 1330-1360. They all came on the same day and were released a few days after the engr academy at blinn. Unfortunately, only 4 people who received TEAB reported their decision. They range from 2nd qrt (39%) with a 1370 SAT to 12% with a 1280. There was only one PSA who posted they had applied for engineering but never gave stats. I found that post in a PSA thread, not engineering.

First year at Galveston seems to be a decision after the CStat seats are filled. It is the same cirriculum and same entry to major. Just not enough classroom seats in CStat. TEAB has a little bit different cirriculum for those who need to get up to speed a bit before tackling Math 151/Physics 218 (last time I looked, which has been a while)
I am afraid this info is probably not much help at all.

@momlee26 I am so sorry, that is terrible! You wouldn’t be considered in state wherever you moved to due to the amount of time you have lived in your new location either? That is tough, but it doesn’t mean he won’t get in though so don’t give up hope yet. They have got to start releasing more admissions very soon, 7 months is excruciating.

Those who have not received a decision yet, are you guys able to access the howdy portal?

@Dhg712 Yes, we can access ours.

So changing from 3 tabs to 6 tabs is a good indication that you will be admitted to the university or admitted to engineering? My son has been admitted to the university, but still waiting on Engineering.