TAMU Holistic review candidates Class of 2022

Allied health applicant… still 3 tabs

Also still 3 tabs for business major… got my UIN November 3rd. Hoping these rumors of hearing back this month or within the next couple weeks are true. Seems like I hear a different answer as to when I hear back every time I open this discussion up.

@bluefordaggie my son still has 3 tabs. He’s a Petroleum Engineering major.

sorry if this seems like a stupid question, but what exactly does three tabs or six tabs mean? can someone post a screenshot?

My son applied for computer science. He still has 3 tabs yet it was Last updated on: 2018-02-02. Is this good news or bad news regarding him hearing from A&M in the upcoming wave.

Thanks!

From what I am seeing and friends whose kids have been admitted today, this round did not include the engineers it seems, so don’t lose hope.

@TXagghopeful1 No one knows how many more rounds of full admits there are. We know there will be more decisions coming because we know that very few review admits decisions have been released (prior to today) and there are still all of the Blinn Team and Gateway, Engineering decisions and PSA plus denials (not everyone not admitted is offered PSA and not all PSA applicants are offered every PSA institution).

An admissions person on another forum has stated that full admits are still released with the other decisions and that held true the past two years during the last few weeks of releases.

Now that I see the last updated date on my howdy and that others are getting their major changed I am very confused.

My Howdy page says it was last updated on 2-2 but nothing seems to have changed, still just 3 tabs and my business major is still the one under review.

Not sure if this means they just rejected me without considering second major (I was fully aware when applying that Mays was full from a friend of mine lol), and I most likely won’t be attending but I find it a bit weird that some people are being considered for their second major and mine did not switch.

Quick stats:
31 act
3.25 gpa / 4.25 w (weird system) / 2nd quartile / 28% / sharp upward trend (2.6 2.8 w gpa fresh year)
Few ECs, not too little but not a lot
Great essays (only 2)
First gen

So Visualization major is full now?

To all the people who got 6 tabs today, has your AIS changed yet? If not maybe it will be changing tomorrow and the decisions coming out on tues/thurs is true!
Also, where can I see if my major has changed?

Howdy updating does not mean anything. The only time a major will change from one’s first choice to one’s second choice, means that that person was accepted into the university and when they went to place them into their major, it was full, so they placed them in their second choice major. Had that been full also, they would have been contacted to choose any open major.

If no one’s tabs changed, or major changed, or they still have three tabs, it means no decision for you yet. It does not mean rejection. If one if rejected, it will be in written form, not from the movements of other’s applications and not their own.

Today was the first release of review applicants in a while. Decisions are not over. There are still more decisions to be released.

@TXagghopeful1 Can you please stop being negative. I wish you the best of luck and all, but some of us haven’t been admitted either. We just have to accept the fact that whatever happens, happens.

Just got 6 tabs and AIS changed, but got in with my second major as economic, my first major was visualization, is it possible to change to visualization next school year??

@Mandog82 i don’t mean to be negative. i am so sorry for coming off that way. i have just been very stressed and it is hard to be strong in myself when no one else believes in me and i see others getting admission and all of my friends at school are committed to colleges and i feel lonely. i really have been trying to work on it. i am so sorry for coming off as negative.

i was wondering about that too @Hailey7 if you don’t get offered 1st choice major, can you change majors into that one later on?

@caligirl2018tx I was admitted to communications in Nov. I only know about 20 others personally that have as well so I wouldn’t be too worried!

I know we are watching for tabs to change for a sign of being admitted has anyone gotten a response that they are denied? Thought it might be helpful to know what they post if they have in fact reviewed your application and denied. Is it just a letter or does anything happen on the howdy system to reflect that. Also, if you get the tabs is there a way to tell if it is Blinn or full acceptance? I called today and asked some questions of admissions and he said most decisions out mid February.

Thankful for a place to ask all of these questions!

What what is AIS?

It stands for Applicant Information System. It’s where you can log on and check progress of your application :wink:

Im confused, people are saying their date changed to 2-2-18, where would it say that on howdy?

@AggieMomx2 your applicant should have an email shortly after applying with his/her UIN number and the info for logging into the Applicant Information System.It’s been so long since mine was a freshman, I have forgotten the process but the AIS is where the decision will come in and where the checklist is that all applicants need to be aware of/take care of.