TAMU Holistic review candidates Class of 2022

When I talked to them yesterday and asked if there would be a wave this week, they said “yes.”

I just talked to them , on chat, they said they will send out some denials today. I am very confused…
I even asked them significance of site code desc, they said to check AIS for descicion , when you will get descision you will get to know. I am confused now…!

@Dhg712 oh that makes me incredibly nervous :frowning:

It’s making me nervous too !! If It’s true then i hope no one is amongst us…

Hey, do y’all know how much weight an IB diploma will have on my admissions decision? I’m a review applicant who is very tired of waiting!

Jeez you guys have been busy on here… took me about 15 minutes to catch up on the thread! First and foremost, the update on howdy (as in time/date stamp) does not mean anything. I’m not sure what causes it, but it has not meant an admission decision is coming. The site code is new for everyone. I believe they just added this field on the site. Not sure why, but that appears to be what has happened. My son got his the same day everyone else did and he was admitted in Dec.

Also, I do believe there will be another wave this week. They like to have most decisions sent out by Aggie Saturday which is this weekend. With a wave 2 days ago, I am surprised there will be another one… but praise Jesus if there is. This waiting is so painful… I know.

As for Mays first major choices… definitely check your howdy every night (I think I checked after 9). If your 2nd choice shows up, then you are in the next day with your 6 tabs! Someone asked if the 2nd choice goes away… it doesn’t… it still shows as your 1st and 2nd choice (so Economics for 1 and 2 for my son). If it goes to General Studies… then your 1 and 2 are full and you’ve been admitted but will have to pick a different major!

There should be a better way to do this whole revealing of admittance, but it has not been implemented at UT or TAMU. Maybe that can be on our wish list for future Aggie hopefuls! Hang in there peeps… you got this!

@ksaaggie91 I just received acceptance to Baylor this morning, so that is my second choice school. Still holding out to be an Aggie, though!

Just chatted with Admission and per “Steve” the site location change means you are getting close to a decision.

I chatted with “Steve” as well, lol. Or maybe they are all named “Steve”.

We were Mays first choice and trying to gauge if A a change on ours. Can someone please look- When you look at AIS there is screen with your major and above a pull down. On the pull down above is it same as major below described. It’s not showing both majors but seems like could toggle between two before. Sorry if clear as mud. But thanks in advance if able to look. This is when we wish we had screen shot what they were like to be able to tell if a change :slight_smile:

I chatted with Steve as well and he said the same thing about the site code desc. meaning you’re close to a decision. He also is the one that said there would be a wave this week (this was yesterday). I’m a bit surprised that someone said there would be denials today. They’re usually very vague and secretive, it’s odd they’d tell anyone that.

Have they done any Blinn offers yet? Do they give flat out denials before any Blinn offers?

I was told denials are the very last thing to go out, because there are people being accepted to A&M who will decline and go elsewhere.

Does anyone know if any review applicants have been admitted to the College of Education and Human Development?

Re question about back up choice, my son has been accepted to TAMU-Corpus and has done all the prerequisite work he can toward admission at TAMU Engineering Academy-Brenham. His other option is UTA. As with so many of the young people represented on this forum, my son is a talented person but with some years of lackluster grades early on. His class rank was 10 percentage pts too low for academic admission. It doesn’t seem like much, but we are planning for any contingency.

The academy folks are going to release admission materials 1 March to those who have pre-qualified by math score (date was adusted from 20 Jan, so I suspected early on that A&M engineering admissions would be greatly delayed). Their admissions will continue until they fill up. I expect that to take months based on what I gathered. There are numerous A&M engineering academies, but Blinn-Brenham has been operating the longest and has an engineering living learning community in a residence hall there there. All of the academies are too far for my son to commute, so he would need to leave our area.

@GManmom123, please be aware that A&M wants to see engineering classes already if trying to transfer into A&M Engineering. I am wondering whether your son has looked into the engineering academy at ACC. Your son has excellent scores and other credentials. He should definitely get a spot, in my opinion. However, knowing that the engineering academies are out there might give some peace of mind (?), because they would help him go to ACC and transfer with A&M freshman engineering classes already in hand. There are students with very high math scores, just like your son, at the Brenham academy right now.

We are planning a road trip during spring break either to find housing in the CS area or Galveston, or look at TAMU-Corpus and/or the Brenham Academy, or choose UTA.

Blessings to everyone here. It has been very educational to see all the different activities and strengths represented on this forum.

This gives me hope! My daughter’s stats are top 18% and SAT 1250- Allied Health as well! ( I saw an accepted poster had comparable stats.) Ahhhhh…this is killing me! Location does say College Station but still only 3 tabs

@paag1234 Clear as mud indeed, lol… can you go on your howdy portal under manage applications. It will show your second choice major if you selected Mays as your first. This happens right before you get the 6 tabs in howdy.

Anyone wonder if Steve in Admissions is like Jake from State Farm?

@3rdgenAg I saw someone was accepted into Allied Health yesterday or the day before!

“coming to a decision” a good one or a bad one?