TAMU Holistic review candidates Class of 2022

@AGmomx2 I hope so. DD’s Topic C was her best!

I have not filled topic C essay,will it harm my chances for admission.I already submitted the application can I add it now?

@ckmyd234 you can only submit essay C if you have not submitted the scholarship application

My app was put under review on 26th October,when will I recieve my decision?

Anytime between December and March

I have submitted scholarship application.No other way? How much of a disadvantage will it be?

I have submitted scholarship application.No other way? How much of a disadvantage will it be?

You use to be able to submit any additional information up to the deadline – call and ask. You can’t change essays, but I believe you can submit new ones for the first time (you can’t update). When you ask be sure to state that you have not submitted a C essay, how to I add it?

My D was able to go back into Apply Texas - My Essays and complete Essay C and submit it after submitting her application and the other 2 essays to TAMU.

I am an international student and essay C is only for scholarship students,I enquired and found out they dont give scholarships to International students so wont be filling up essay C

@ckmyd234 it is not just for scholarships. They highly suggest every holistic review applicant complete all 3 essays. Yes it is also used for scholarships but that is mainly for autoadmits. If I were your counselor, I would recommend you write that one now and make it awesome. You have such a unique background, you can really use this essay to stand out and show them your personality. Best of luck.

Howdy!

I am glad that some of y’all found my daughter’s first few months of experience on Blinn TEAM interesting or helpful. I am so proud of her and yes, I realize that we are blessed that she is adjusting so well. :slight_smile:

Last year when we were waiting to hear from TAMU admissions, I scoured the internet looking for info. Of course, we had hoped for a Full admission spot, but I realized early on that because of her class rank of 53% that probably wouldn’t happen.

Would y’all be interested in a Fall Semester 2017 recap of her experiences and my perspective of Blinn TEAM? I could post that info during her break. That will probably be before many of the Blinn TEAM offers go out as my daughter received her offer on Valentine’s Day.

I’ll keep my fingers crossed for everyone to receive good news!

@AggieMomAgain
I think that would be helpful to a lot of applicants, especially as the decisions begin to roll out for BT. There are always so many questions and first hand knowledge through the process is always helpful.
Make sure to make a new thread for it so it’s easy to find or we can post the link to it.
Thanks for offering to do this

Ok, in December I’ll start a new thread about our family’s experience with Blinn TEAM.

Y’all hang in there! There is a “best place” for everyone. I hope that all who want to be Aggies will actually get to be Aggies. :slight_smile:

@AggieMomAgain My daughter would be more than happy to receive a Blinn Team offer so yes to a Bllinn team thread. She has a great GPA but her rank is top 20% and not great SAT score 1180. She is taking it one more time this Saturday. She applied the day admissions opened. Keeping fingers crossed.

@hopefulaggiemom Has she thought about taking the residual act at tamu campus? My son got a 1200 sat but took act and got a 28. It’s a smaller setting and it only applies to tamu. But it shows major interest that she wants to be an ag. I had a friends daughter who was top 14%. Had a 1020 3 times on sat and only a 22 on act. She took residual at Tamu and got a 24 and was accepted within days of getting score (mind you it was beginning of December). Just saying if you live close and have the opportunity and she’s willing to retest then I say go for it!!!

Oh and they score the act in a day. Just FYI

We live in Dallas but I will definitely mention this to her. She has been working with a tutor but this could be an option. I just in case this time she doesn’t improve her score. Thank you so much for the info!

My son just checked his AIS portal and was notified he was accepted into the Engineering Program at A&M full admit. We were told mid Dec but they must be releasing them early. Were so excited and wishing everyone tye best of luck :slight_smile:

What are my chances?

Submitted application: end of September
GPA: 4.13, 10.7%
SAT score: 1370 (m:750, v:620)
Did all 3 essays, 1 lor, sent in resume
Work part time and listed leadership roles