TAMU Holistic review candidates Class of 2022

did status change after business hours of 6 pm? Wondering if they are updating continuously.

@Lupescupe My dd still says her first major (HEALTH) on AIS. (She was wanting Allied Health for pre-nursing.) BUT in HOWDY under “manage applicaions” it has changed to TEAM.

Well Congrats!!! My Howdy still says my first major and also AIS.

@Lupescupe I’d just keep checking! :slight_smile: And thank you. I’ve been a maniac about it…more so than my daughter! I need to get a life! LOL This college decision thing is very stressful. Baylor (WAY too expensive), TX State (great nursing program…not so great reputation in the news lately), Arkansas (too far), UT (CAP program- no thanks) and now A&M/Blinn TEAM. WHAT IS SHE GONNA DO??? lol! It really just depends on your major though…so many things to consider! Best of luck to you!!!

Krod77 - hope Blinn TEAM works out for u, but a comment about Baylor. I heard they are pretty good with scholarships. Also, a friend whose daughter ended up going there continuing to take the ACT even after she was accepted. I didn’t understand why until her mother told me if she raised her score by 1 point she would qualify for a larger scholarship. Maybe something to look into.

@Tuppence22 Thank you. Yes…if she bumped her SAT by just 20 points she would get an additional 2,000 a year. But I’ve been doing the math everyday and even with her scholarships they are offering her…it’s just too much for us to swing. It’s $63,000 a year there! So crazy. We would still be responsible for over 40,000 a year after her scholarships are applied and I have 4 kids! LOL. It’s like, do we want her to have over 100,000 in student loans with a nursing degree or have little to no debt and a nursing degree? (Not to mention the last two years at Baylor are in Dallas…boo!) So much to consider. :frowning:

Are we sure the change to TEAM means blinn team? extremely dissapointing watching others with much less impressive stats get in…

Have there been any patterns like certain majors updating or do we think it’s just a mass update?

same…no status change :frowning: just the college station id. No TEAM, No Denial, no tabs. :frowning:

I understand. My D got Blinn but here are her STATS
GPA: 3.95
Class Rank: Top 25%
SAT: 1300
EC: Head Student Athletic trainer, UIL academics, NHS, Leadership High School Program, Senior Ladies Club, and student council, 200+ Hours of community service.

So I’ve been following this thread since it opened & never posted but this is so stressful this waiting. My son applied early-August and is review. 2nd quarter & 30 ACT. NHS, Varsity basketball,cross country, volunteered quite a bit, Schloar athlete award every year. JV baseball. Did 3 essays & 2 recommendations The desc site on Ais says college station but in howdy no change. 2 majors listed still biology & biomedical science. Seeing all these others that have changed today & starting to get nervous

Does anyone know when the next wave should be coming? Although waiting is much better than a rejection, I’m drowing in anxiety & impatience. I’ve been waiting since beginning of August.

@hopeaggiemom what was her major?

@caligirl2018tx her major was:
1st Choice: Business Administration
2nd Choice: Economics

Mine stayed the same and so did my sisters. So stressful. We just want to know. I’m holding so much hope out at A&M and have been accepted other places but I need to begin denying them… I could really use a decision

Welp I had that major change on howdy, major: team. Also its almost for sure you got blinn team if that came up because if you try to change majors it says students admitted directly to blinn team are not eligible to change majors.

Stats:
Applied: Jan 1 or around that time?
GPA: Uw 3.25 w 4.25 (extreme upward trend, fresh year was 2.6 gpa 2.8 w)
Class rank: 2nd quartile (like 27%)
Test scores: 1390 sat 31 act (they don’t superscore but 1440, 33)
ECs: pretty good, not going to list all, but not amazing
Essays: only 2, but very well written
First gen
Major: Business admin, second poli sci (shocked I didn’t get poli sci)

Other results so far: UTD acceptance (waiting to see if I get aes or not, plus applied to lots of other scholarships there), Baylor with 72k scholarship (possibly 88k if I bump my superscore up 1 point), UT CAP.
Waiting on: Cornell (got an interview but I know I habe no chance lol), Uchicago (again lol), Rice (only applied bc of my parents), USC (too expensive even if i get i ), Boston College, Boston uni, northeastern, and occidental.

Seems like my current course of action is going to UTD or Baylor (whichever is cheaper, preferably UTD), and maybe transfer after a year if I kept a 4.0 (to mccombs preferably).

Blinn team was really a surprise, was not expecting that at all to be honest. Everyone (friends, family, teacher, counselor) thought I would get in for sure but I guess not.

We were told the bus travels back and forth between TAMU and Blinn every 15 minutes. As most students seemed to be using the buses to attend classes on campus, a 15 minute ride to Blinn doesn’t seem too inconvenient.

How hard is it to transfer from Blinn-TEAM to Mays?

How hard is it to transfer from Blinn-Team to Mays?

Does everyone have the red message bar across the top of their AIS page?