TAMU Holistic review candidates Class of 2022

@csmom99 meant…no have not bee accepted yet!

Haven’t been accepted

@Thelma2 Application date: 1/2/17 GPA 3.2 Rank 90/345 ACT 20 Major: 1st Ag Leadership & Dev 2nd Ed interdisciplinary studies

EC: Varsity Cheer 3 years, captain Sr. Year, All-American Cheerleader (traveled to London with all-Americans), Gymnastics 3 years, Vet Med, Horse Judging, Public Relations, Swine Project showed animal and sold at sale, FFA member 4 years, Varsity Girls Softball manager 1 year, worked part time job, student council
Vol. Hours ? Not sure the total number but also did WYSE program with the elderly.

Did anyone get accepted for allied health? If so what were your stats?? Thanks I’m still waiting for my decision.

@Cowboydoghouse Good good luck!!! Keeping our fingers crossed for us! We actually live in CS and my daughter grew up here. She knew she wanted to go to A&M but the original plan was to go to a smaller school away from CS then come back to A&M just for the “move away college experience”. But decided to apply and then decide when she knows all of her options.

Has anyone been accepted to BIMS?

I applied for bims and I still have three tabs but under manage applications it still shows my major

Same here …

Idk if it’s good or bad that we haven’t got a decision yet bc so many people even with tabs are offered blinn team

Anyone familiar with PTA admission process? This may be a question for the transfer admissions thread/forum but I’m throwing it out there anyway!

It’s listed on TAMU website as one of the “other pathways” - (assuming this is if one is denied admission) …along with Engingeering Academies, and a few others but
Here’s what the website says :
The Program for Transfer Admission (PTA) offers prospective transfer students a unique opportunity to be automatically admitted to Texas A&M University. PTA is designed for students attending Texas community colleges and offers more than 65 degree plans. Upon successful completion of the coursework outlined by the degree plan and additional requirements of the program, participants are eligible for automatic admission to Texas A&M.

There’s more specific details about it online but just wondering if anyone knew anything about it?

Seems like a good option if you were denied admission altogether or if you don’t want to take a PSA offer and you’re planning to go straight Blinn and transfer in ! Basically : 30 hours, make at least a B in every class = guaranteed admission

@DFWAggie18 yes my roommate was accepted to BIMS in the December wave she was a review admit.

@csmom99 that’s cool you all live in CS. We came and visited the school in April of last year and loved the school and loved CS. I would totally live there. We are from the Central Valley in California. We are farmers here, so probably won’t be moving to Texas anytime soon, but did love it there.

My daughter was an Academic Admit to BIMS. She is super excited. Hope she gets to meet all of you in the fall!

I wanna meet her! So excited for BIMS , just gotta get in. Uuuggghhhhh

Does anyone know if we will need to wait till next tuesday for more decisions?

@Tuppence22 and @TXagghopeful1 my DS was one point on his ACT away from academic admit … it is so stressful waiting … hoping he can meet you both!

So crazy to think that I could end up being great friends of all of you/your kids. It warms my heart and makes me so happy.

What do y’all want to do with a BIMS degree? What careers?

@DFWAggie18 haha, I know the feeling i was only 20 points away from automatic with my SAT

@TXagghopeful1 my DS wants to be a surgeon! How about you?

I want to be a pediatrician! I plan to specialze, just don’t know exactly in what yet. @DFWAggie18