TAMU Holistic review candidates Class of 2022

Please let us know if anything changes during the day on howdy or AIS. Will give us an indication that there is a wave today.

Do you have to accept an offer admission and commit to Texas A&M in order to apply for housing?

@lydia2022 I was told you had to be admitted to apply for housing, however they have private dorms at A&M. I’m not sure if you have to be admitted to put a deposit down on those dorms.

I was admitted, I just do not know if you have to officially “Commit” to apply for housing.

As I recall with our son, as soon as he was admitted to his top 2-3 schools we put down a deposit on housing till he made his decision. At that time (5 yrs ago) you could get a full refund up to a certain cutoff date.

Has anyone heard anything today?

@MomHopesNxtGenAg @GManmom123 My son applied for one of the engineering programs offered at Galveston and was accepted. It isn’t the general engineering offered at main campus. It is separate engineering program. He would have to change major from marine engineering to one offered in Cstat to get over to main campus. You are a full Aggie only on a different campus. He is still hoping to get accepted to main campus.

@AgMomOf5 @GMANmom123 I have looked at majors that can be picked online right now on ApplyTexas to TAMU-Galveston. It is possible to choose engineering technology, but not engineering. That’s where things stand this year. There is just no way into their engineering except through A&M main engineering admissions. If someone else has had a different experience this admission cycle, please let us know.

… Maybe I just skimmed the list of majors too quickly, but I personally just didn’t see Ocean Engineering on the list.

I checked again. “Marine Engineering Technology” is the closest independently selectable major at TAMU-Galveston. Engineering Technology is not the same as Engineering. Perhaps their early courses are the same. I would have to check that or maybe someone can help us out with that.

My howdy changed to 6 tabs this morning, but everything else is still same. Engineering application on before
Oct 15

@TXQ what are your stats?

3rd quarter
SAT 1470 -math 800- RW-670

[QUOTE=""]

200 hr Volunteer
400 hr Job

[/QUOTE]

Private dorms are off campus, you sign leases with them & you have to fill your spot yourself if you do not attend. There are no private dorms on campus, There are several - you lease by the bed vs. having to find roommates. They have meal plans just like on campus. Some are quite plush, you are not ‘roughing it’ at college for sure! Pools, game rooms, entertainment, weight rooms, study areas,tanning beds…

On campus housing requires an admission status to put your name on the housing list. Priority is based on putting your name on that list within 30 days of admission notice - if you sign up later than that, you go behind everyone who signed up in their personal priority window (meaning an October admit that waits until January to sign up will go behind a March admit that signs up in March).

Anyone else having 6 tabs on howdy today?

No :frowning:

No :frowning: I was so hoping to know something before tomorrow.

If we don’t get 6 tabs in the morning does that mean we won’t get them for the rest of the day? Will any decisions be sent out over the weekend or do we have to wait until next Monday?

No changes … still!!!

Nothing for me yet :frowning: