TAMU Holistic review candidates Class of 2022

@Thelma2 My son’s major has always stated CVEN. I just don’t recall the “GCE” part of it under the Program. Should have doing screen shots. I might be chasing a ghost…

Application Date: 10/2/17
TAMU acceptance: 10/12/17
Blinn Engineering Academy offer: 2/8/18
GPA and Class Rank: 13/424
ACT Composite with sub scores: 23, Math 25
SAT with sub scores: 1170, math 650
Major choice 1&2: Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering

Congrats to all that got Blinn TEAM today! Were there any decisions from the college of Science today? Or only engineering?

I’m beginning to wonder if I change my major to engineering will I hear back faster? BIMS clearly has not been receiving anything

I asked previously but any review decisions for Modern Language or English?

@trinley Definitely in at TAMU for Civil Eng. Congrats!

GCE is General Civil Engineering. Looks like he has a decision. Full admits are admitted to General Engineering. @tinley

Do y’all know what gpa you have to have for tamu to say your first quarter? I am first quarter at my school but tamu put me in second. I have a 3.65 w and a 3.56 uw

@shanjohnson26 I think it depends on your school stats. My son had a 3.7 gpa and because his school is so competitive, A&M ranked him in the 2nd quarter which is probably accurate.

How do you know what TAMU ranked you as?

It says on his application. Our school doesn’t rank.

@shanjohnson26 TAMU looks at the student’s GPA in relation to their school’s grading scale when assigning a class rank.

Does anyone have any insight into the Forensics program decisions? It’s included under ag college entomology for some reason. We’re just wondering if any have been realeased for that so far. Thanks!

@Thelma2 @AggieMomhelp OK just to make sure I am clear before I get my hopes up. Under the manage your application tab
Application Status: Under Review Level: Undergraduate Major: CVEN Program: BS-CVEN_GCE

Under AIS
The pulldown menu at the top lists “2018 Fall - Freshman-CVEN-CS” his second choice major does not appear in the pulldown menu.

Term: 2018 Fall Major: Civil Engineering College:EN Degree: BS Location: College Station

only 3 tabs on Howdy.

@trinley I would bet my last dollar that is full admittance. If major on howdy changed today then tabs should follow tomorrow!!!

@AggieMomhelp the major did not change today just the added “GCE” for Program. Location to College Station happened last week. Going to be tough falling asleep tonight! Thank you for your insight.

@kdblev My daughter applied to the Forensics program and was a review applicant. She received a full admissions offer in early December.

@trinley it’s the same thing with me except for BIMS. The only update I’ve recieved was a change from 2-02-2018 to 1-09-2018 in the span of 10 minutes.

Thanks @JenniferAggie91. She didn’t apply as early has she probably should have. Still hoping.

@HopefulAggie200 What is the same thing for you? “GCE” was added for BIMS? or something else