TAMU Housing

<p>jrpback: You may want to check on this from the source but my guess would be that since living in the honors dorms is a requirement of being in the honors program (with the possible exception of if you are also in the core); if interested in Mosher your S should probably list it as a choice because I am told Mosher fills up quickly. If he gets into honors and chooses to be in honors then as I understand it, not only will he be able to change, he will be required to live in the honors dorm; which by the way from what I hear is great. Keep in mind though that as of this past year admission to honors is more selective and limited than it was in the past when honors housing wasn’t a requirement.</p>

<p>What are the pros/cons of Mosher/ Engineering LLC in general? It seems like the Modular dorms have more space and sharing a bathroom with just one other student vs. 3 others would be a plus? </p>

<p>Is the hall/suite quiet enough for studying and sleeping? Trying to make decisions about housing choices. </p>

<p>Also, would the new Northside dorm be closer to classes than the Commons or a south side modular dorm?
Thanks!</p>

<p>odyssey04,</p>

<p>My D applied first for the new dorms, and I think Underwood (modular) second. Her thinking was similar to yours. Just a bit roomier. If you’ve ever been on a tour, the modular’s are significantly roomier than the commons - but both are nice.</p>

<p>D is living in Wells a modular dorm and loves the space in the room and says it it quiet enough to study in her room.</p>

<p>She has friends in Mosher and they like it say its great having so many others with the same classes around.</p>