TAMU Housing

I applied for housing late last month (around 3/23), and I was wondering what my chances are for actually getting a dorm. I don’t really mind if it’s my first choice or not, just any space on campus would be nice at this point. And when can I expect to be updated on my status?

My son is also on the housing wait list. He got an email from TAMU housing that said they would send out another update email around the start of June.

@heherawrXD You will be added to the waitlist. I know last week, some students who were accepted in Nov were able to select their rooms, so it moving. Do keep an eye on your email for updates. Last year, all freshmen were able to get on campus off the wait list.
Last year, my a good friend’s son was on the wait list, (admission on 2/18 housing contract by March 1) and he was assigned in the Commons and found out his assignment the same day everyone else did, on June 1. years ago, a friend of mine’s daughter, did not get freshman housing and they set up like students in a university apartment complex, Off hand, I do not recall the name.

What remains to be seen, with the new housing way of doing things, if is wait list students will be assigned to rooms available or it they will be allowed to choose from availability. Please report back (and you too @TXRooster) how room selection went for those on the wait list.

This year, they have made Walton freshmen only, so they are making more and more rooms available.
Good luck

Still haven’t been offered a room yet, got an email saying I’m still on the waitlist and that they’re still processing cancellations