TAMU National Scholars Day 2018

Who is going to Texas A&M’s National Scholar’s Day in November? I really want to go (lol) but my daughter has Calculus 2 at the Community College on all of those Mondays. She already has to miss one day of Calc for a school function and does not want to miss another one. I’m bummed! I love a field trip!

Hi there! I’m curious- you mentioned your daughter taking Calc 2 at your CC… is this dual credit or just a regular CC class taken ahead to transfer in? Anyone else have advice on taking community college classes the summer prior to freshman year or even spring of senior year? Does A&M have any restrictions on this?

@agtrio23 Her calculus 2 class is just a regular class at the community college. She goes there after school hours two days a week. Her high school is small and there weren’t any teachers available to teach her. I’ve heard that math classes may be hard to transfer if students are engineering majors. I think there is a test they take at orientation to make sure they are up to speed with TAMU standards?