TAMU New Student Conference and Registering for Classes

That’s crazy if they’re full already. Yowza. Some may open back up. That happened to my son. So keep the one you have and tell her just to check back to see if one opens up. Totally wasn’t doubting her ability just crazy that many have registered already.

If she’s tech savvy then she will have no problem with registration. It it the most stressful part going in but then most students are like “oh that was no big deal”. Especially knowing it opens back up in August and you can pounce on classes you want.

@52AG82 It would not surprise me if the Business NSC’s are full. Most students were offered admissions 5 months ago and many probably accepted their admission decision, which is signing up for NSC.

On the first page of this thread is a ton of info I posted about NSC that you and your daughter will find helpful and much about learning to make a schedule.

@agtrio23 The NSC is filled with all group sessions. During the NSC the advisors have very full schedules and the only time there is a possibility they will meet one on one with people is the last day of NSC and only if you have made an appointment in advance. I believe they reserve that for people whose travel forces them to leave earlier then the scheduling window. However, you can make an appointment with your departments advising ahead of the NSC conference if you have questions.

@52AG82 I do not believe there are any waitlists for NSC’s however openings do happen periodically and they do seem to add NSC dates towards the end of the summer as well. I wouldn’t worry about a July conference. My son’s conference was the last week of May, which was one of the first ones, however, there were several classes he wanted that were full at that time and seats were added after his scheduled NSC. They add seats and sections as the summer goes on.

@AggieMomhelp & @Thelma2 my daughter was admitted straight into Mays September 19. She has been holding out for USC (So Cal), but they aren’t giving admission decisions until April. A&M has always been her 1st choice, so she finally committed/did NSC last week. I’m sure if she had done NSC in September, she could’ve gotten a May date. She didn’t understand the time crunch, until I finally had her look up NSC dates. Only options left were 3rd week in June, 2nd week in July and August 20. So yes, it does appear almost all Business NSC’s are full.
Thankfully she paid housing deposit on 9/19, accepted Business Honors, did FAFSA, Roommate Finder, etc. She’s now signed up for an Impact Camp, and has Fish Camp week picked out (that opens up March 1, correct?).
Again, absolutely can’t thank you both enough for sharing your wealth of All Things Aggie! (My husband is an Aggie, but things have changed a LOT since he was there…?).

@52AG82 FISH camp website says mid to late May for registration. We’re trying to coordinate camp and move in so we are only making one trip to Texas. :slight_smile:

@ErRnMom I just started following the TAMU FIsh Camp FB page. You are correct-Fish Camp Reg is in May. Akkk, trying to keep track & coordinate dates and deadlines is turning into a full time job!?

@52AG82 Usually around the first part of May

https://fishcamp.tamu.edu/freshman-registration/

Look at me posting a link @thelma2 May it is!

YAY @AggieMomhelp Look at you.
By George, I think you’ve got it LOL =D> =D> =D>

and look at you with those emojis!!! @thelma2

I just registered for NSC, but what if I change my mind and decide I want to attend a different school, can I do this after May 1st?

What happens if I change my mind?

@goodperson200 I can’t say what happens, but I do know May 1 is the magical deadline-if you haven’t canceled dorm by then, you’re financially responsible for the year, and you also have to cancel NSC by May 1. You’d better look up on the TAMU website to see, but I wouldn’t mess around.

@52AG82 If I do change my mind, it won’t be until after May 1st. I think you just pay the cancellation fees and you don;t get refunded for any fees paid already.

@goodperson200 for sure you are financially responsible for the dorm, if you have paid dorm deposit, and don’t cancel by May 1.

@goodperson200 May 1 is a NATIONAL deadline for accepted students to declare where they will attend college. You don’t get to change your mind after May 1 to go someplace else. That school has a May 1 deadline also.

@Thelma2 @52AG82 I got wait-listed at one of my schools and they have a May 1st deadline to declare just like A&M. There is a potential to get off the wait-list and be accepted, and I’ve discussed with my dad that I would go to that school if I do end up getting a spot there.

However, they won’t be handing out acceptances for wait-lists until after May 1st when they know who will attend. The chances are somewhat decent as they stated “Wait list admit rates in recent years have ranged between 20% to 60% depending on circumstances.”

@goodperson200 You can definitely cancel after May 1. There is nothing that says you cannot do that. Everything you signed up for, states you will lose the deposits you made

If you signed up for housing, you signed a binding contract. Paragraph 4 of the housing contract you signed, explains what you will be billed, should you terminate the contract after May 1.

@Thelma2 , is there a limit to the number of times that a student can take the MPE Practice online test?

@camandcam

I believe they get to take the practice test two times prior to their NSC and there is a 14 day wait between tests. https://engineering.tamu.edu/academics/math-placement-exam/preparation.html
http://www.math.tamu.edu/placement/