TAMU or Mines?

The title says it all. I am from Texas and I have been accepted to both and would receive $12,000 minimum per year from Mines and I do not know about A&M scholarship (if any) yet. I would get a degree in computer science. I am visiting both schools this month. Did anyone else have this conflict? If so, what did you choose and why?

Thank you in advance.

My son looked at both and ended up choosing A&M. One of the big reasons he even considered mines is that he could have swam on their swim team but not for a large d1 school like A&M. He felt there was an energy focus to the engneering at mines and that wasn’t the direction he wanted to go. Ultimately he decided he wanted to do biomedical engineering which they don’t offer at mines. Another big factor was cost. Although he was offered one of the largest merit scholarships at mines that’s didn’t compare with what he was given at A&M.

Same here for both my D and S. Both decided on TAMU. Both are great school and came down to $$ and options to switch majors. Both my D&S are no longer an engineer majors. Some how it all works out.

Good Luck and Gig’em