TAMU readmit

Hi guys so I was a student at TAMU as class of 2019, I started in 2015. Due to a physical altercation on campus and going through a panel and appeals process the best decision for them was to suspend me for a year(2 semesters). After this I realized there’s not too many resources out there for people with my predicament. I left A&M with a 3.497 GPA as a science Major, so academically I was fine, I reapplied this January and my application has been complete since February. I attended another university while being away 2 semesters from A&M, and I did exemplary, deans list both semesters with 4.0’s as well. I also had a very good background at TAMU working with various distinguished professors doing research in many departments and being very involved in campus. I just a made a very poor decision was all, my suspension ends this May of 2018 and I was wondering if you guys could give me some insight on whether or not I will get in again?

@AggieMed95 : I certainly hope that you are readmitted to TAMU. Continuing your education elsewhere and making good grades during your suspension from TAMU shows maturity. Would the profs with whom you have a good relationship write letters of recommendation for you?

No one is perfect, everyone makes mistakes and if you have learned from yours and would no longer make the same poor choice, I would think that you would be an asset to TAMU. Perhaps when you are back at TAMU, you could join a group where you could share your experience and help others keep from making those choices.

Good luck, keep us posted! :slight_smile:

Thank you so much I really appreciate your response. And yes while being away from TAMU I have been an instructor for several labs and have been a student instructor for various classes. I have made some amazing friendships with professors at the university I am at right now. I truly believe everything happens for a reason. My time away from A&M has allowed me to network and become a more well rounded student. I studied abroad as well during my time away and I wouldn’t change any single bit of it. The professors here have written me letters of recommendation and I am truly praying I can regain my readmission.

We all wish you the best. Life can offer us a series of opportunities to make mistakes and learn from them. It’s much better to have some correction imposed EARLY ON in life, when we benefit the most from it.
Does your readmission after a disciplinary suspension follow a different process than first-time admission or transfer? You might want to contact Admissions to ask them about your case due its special nature. Good luck, @AggieMed95 .

@MomHopesNxtGenAg thank you so much! And once I go back I will be on a conduct probation until I graduate. Leaving A&M was something I never imagined and I was down for awhile but I got back up and did some pretty good things I am proud of, while away. I thank you all for the wishes and prayers would be appreciated. I will keep everyone updated!

Please do keep us update, @AggieMed95 We all make mistakes and get down at times, it is how we react and grow from those experiences that matters. Sounds like you have chosen to do well. Congratulations. Here’ another one in your corner rooting for your re-admissions! Good Luck!

By the Grace of God and your prayers and support, I have been readmitted!!! @AggieMomAgain @MomHopesNxtGenAg @Thelma2

@AggieMed95 Way to go!! Wahoo!!

@AggieMed95: CONGRATULATIONS!! I am so happy for you!! May all of your dreams come true! :slight_smile: