TAMU sophomore transfer help

I am a freshman at a Texas community college and I mostly likely will have a 3.0 GPA after the fall semester, I will be applying for Fall 2020. I will be taking classes in the spring as well. I am looking to major in construction science or sports management. I was wondering what my chances are of being accepted.

Your gpa is okay but I would try to get it up in the spring. If you have your required prerequisites done with solid grades, you should be fine with either.

what kind of GPA do you think I should shoot for?

3.3… you want to be well above a 3.0. I know both of these majors are 2.5 minimum I believe, but that’s just minimum. Consci is a great major. I would shoot for that over Sports Management. You will come out with a job with Consci they have a great placement percentage and their internships are fantastic!

FYI a 3.0 is just fine, don’t stress out about me saying 3.3… I’m just saying for those majors you would be a shoe in at that gpa.

I have a 3.5 gpa and would be going into community health as a transfer student. good or bad? likelihood of getting accepted?

3.5 is a solid GPA. I think you’ll have no issues as long as you took required courses and have 24 credits completed before applying! Keep us posted!

Will do! Thank you