TAMU Spring 2019 Transfer

Does anyone know which majors generally either DON’T accept transfers or transfer is rare/near impossible?

@cpacestx In terms of difficulty Mays business school is pretty difficult considering they take only 100 transfers and you need to maintain close to a 4.0. Engineering is also difficult but may not be as difficult as Mays due to the limited spots but a high gpa is needed. Generally majors in the liberal arts are not that hard to get into, i think if your gpa is greater than a 3.0 you have a good chance. All in all it depends what major your looking for and make sure to check out the transfer page because there are courses that you need to take before applying or you can have them in progress.

any news?? anybody has the desition already

I got my tabs today!!

@rangerfan34 Congrats!! What is your major and when did you apply?

I just applied on October 3 with a 4.0 GPA with 24 hours for transfer into history. Also provided one letter of recommendation and Essay A on apply texas. I think I actually managed to mess up a part of my evidence in my essay for why I am applying for history, but I do not think it will be that big of a deal.

What gpa do you think is good enough to get into sociology?

@curryinvasion2 3.0 or higher should be fine depending on hours already taken, required courses and essay showing why you are choosing soc.

@AggieMomhelp I applied for the nuclear engineering program my transfer credit report said that I can transfer 72 credits I have an associate already and my gpa is 3.87. Also I have previous experience in the field because I satrted this major in my country ( I put it on my essay) how do you think are my chances

@JaceyK Thanks! My major is Economics BS and I applied Sept. 24th. I also got my audit on Sept. 28th!

Just got my acceptance today!

How can I check what class I fall under?

@rene1994 I think you should be extremely proud of all you’ve accomplished so far. Wow. Very impressive. Tamu is extremely competitive, especially in engineering. I have no idea how they view out of country higher education. I hope you are accepted as I think you are qualified. Please keep us posted.

@rod514 what do you mean?

On my AIS, it says my Transcript has been processing for 8 days, is this normal? I’ve seen some people who said they applied and then got in review in 3 days, this makes me nervous since the deadline to have documents in is less than a week away.

I applied to the university studies major (global arts, planning, design, construction) in the school of architecture. My second choice major is global planning. I submitted my application around September 15 and it went into review around September 24. My GPA is almost 3.5 and I have about 45 transferable hours. I have also completed all required prerequisites. My last semester I got a 4.0, and I have demonstrated consistent improvement as my academic career has progressed. I am getting anxious because some people are starting to get tabs and I haven’t. Does anyone know if the school of architecture makes their decisions later than the other schools? Do you think I have a good chance getting into this major with my stats? Thanks for any information?

@caaggie7
@dmarshall
@AggieCSdream
@AdamBarket
@dataggieboi
@cpacestx
@drich123
@tr3wayy
@kass12
@ookami17
@rachelmarray
@proyov
@futuaggie
@niiiicole
@Rene1994
@crazydude1473
@nwen547
@bacon5

Anyone have updates? Tabs? Acceptances? :slight_smile:

Still looking for fellow biochemistry/biology majors!! My daughter is anxiously waiting (even though we now know that it will more than likely be end of Oct/beginning of Nov now). 2 months isn’t a whole lot of time to prepare to move!!

Thank you @AggieMomhelp and yes I have been working super hard the las 4 years balancing full time work and school because when I first came to the country ( I live in Miami) my knowledge about the language was almost nothing but that did not stop me to keep fighting for my educational goal I hope be part of the aggies and good luck to everyone and let’s keep conected

@Rene1994 I like your perseverance… youre the type of person A&M needs… i hope you get in!

Still waiting on my end @JaceyK
No tabs either. its been 3 months of waiting but ya its clear that nothing will happen until after the deadline till beginning of November. - Best regards from Construction Science applicant.

@nwen547 You should call admissions to check on it. Can’t hurt and they are happy to help! keep us posted.