TAMU Spring 2019 Transfer

@nwen547

I called admissions cause I have the same thing going on and they said it’s fine if the transcripts are not processed on time as long they’re all received by the due date. :slight_smile:

Thanks! One less thing for me to worry about, I will post again when it updates

@JaceyK no tabs yet. I’ve been “under review” for about a month :confused:

I’ve been waiting for a long time also. My audit was on September 11th and my app was under review since then. I applied for the animal science department. Still have yet to hear back. It’s been frustrating waiting.

@JaceyK No, I havent gotten tabs yet. I think the admission process is a little bit different for the engineering and science departments. We might not get anything till November 15th. I think that is when all decisions are released.

November 15th!!! that is a long time I have been waiting since august :((

So I see that TAMU requires 24 graded credit hours but what happens if you have like 20 hours but 35 in progress will they wait for a final transcript and then review your application with that final gpa? Also I heard that AP credit factors but the problem is my school didn’t award a lot of the credit I got but for TAMU I looked at the score requirements and I would have like 16 extra hours but I don’t know if I can do something like that bc ik for UT transfer they don’t do it that way but idk for TAMU.

@Curryinvasion2 I asked admissions about that a while back and this is what I was told:

" AP credit is not factored into the number of graded hours because there is not a grade associated with the credit, we will typically award you credit for those hours once you become a student here at TAMU."

Hope this helps!

Hey guys I’ve been following this discussion since August. The wait is killing me, I still have not gotten tabs and I got my audit on August 28th. I’m applying to the College of Architecture and my major is Enviormental Desgin. My gpa is a 3.31 and I have 58 hours. I have reference letters from two different architecture firms and one construction company. I’m really nervous about my chances

@JaceyK nope nothing yet. Just tell her to hang in there. Focus on keeping that high GPA while she waits.

@JaceyK No tabs at this point.
My DS is also taking the ACT on Oct 27. Best of luck!!!

I’m thinking of applying as a chemistry major and sociology second does anyone know a competitive gpa for chemistry?

Hey @AggieMomhelp my friend and I watch this thread and we’ve been waiting for our acceptances or denies hah and her major changed from animal science to zoology which was her second choice, I’m assuming this means she was not accepted by the animal science major?

@rachellmurray that is correct in most cases that I’ve seen, but nothing is concrete til it’s said and done. Animal science is really competitive to transfer into and to change majors once at TAMU. Production side is less tho. Crossing fingers for zoology. what are y’alls stats and I can try to shed some light on competitiveness.

@Curryinvasion2 Wow that’s quite the difference in majors. Chemistry is a lot harder to transfer into. 3.0 minimum GPA vs. 2.5 in Sociology. Lots of prereq maths and science for chem as well. Do you have all of them? AND how will you justify in your essay the two different types of majors? This is key. You’ll focus on your first major choice but give a nod to your second choice so they don’t think you’re using them as back up.

Congrats on acceptance! @hopefulaggie12 are you looking for an apartment yet? I live with 3 girls at Uclub townhomes and am trying to find someone to take over my lease in the spring!

Nothing yet! Anxious to hear back soon, but they have not even processed my transcript yet although they acquired it around a week ago.

@JaceyK I saw your daughter is waiting for acceptance and y’all may be looking for a place for her to live. I’m in the process of subleasing my apartment for Spring (Beg. of January) and live with 3 wonderful roommates at UClub Townhomes. Would you be interested in subleasing my apartment? I can send you more details if so!

@jtori11 Would love to be interested but she needs the acceptance first and I think she’s got someone she wants to room with. I will reach out if that falls through (after she’s accepted :slight_smile: ).

@AggieMomhelp I will have all the courses done it says math 2413,2414, and chem 1311,1312 (my course numbering equates to the courses at TAMU) but chem 1312, and math 2414 are in progress and I’m anticipating when all the final grades are in my gpa will be a around a 3.7 to a 3.8 but right now my gpa is a 3.7 but that’s because of dual credit in high school. Also I do have an interest in sociology considering I already took the sociology course required but yeah I will find a way to incorporate chemistry and sociology in my essay. Other than that, I hope a 3.7 is competitive for chemistry.