TAMU Spring 2019 Transfer

@JaceyK Sounds good! Let me know:)

FYI - Spring transfers - if you completed the FAFSA for 2018-2019 year, make sure you add Texas A&M as one of the schools to send the FAFSA results to. This could potentially delay any (possible) financial aid you may get.

does anyone know when our financial aid award will come in?

Finally complete and in review as of this morning! In the ag and life sciences department though so might be a while before I get decisions if what I’m seeing on here is true.

@AggieMomhelp I have a 3.4 gpa because before I realized what I wanted to do with my future I took a bunch of classes I didn’t care about and didn’t try and got Cs but mostly As and Bs. All As in my animal classes and some Bs in my chemistry courses. I have like 120 hours because I have an associates degree in film. I felt my essay was strong explaining my past and those grades and I felt my transcript showing my grades being As and Bs now would help me but now I’m not so sure if I’ll get in to either. I also chose Zoology as a second choice if animal science didn’t accept me. I have volunteer work within the animal field and human field.

@AggieCSdream Any news ?

@KrisP1 No bro still in review at the moment. I have read through the spring 2018 thread and the cs guys there got accepted in December.

If you read through here https://engineering.tamu.edu/cse/academics/undergraduate-program/undergraduate-transfers.html. They state that “Because of limited capacity, we will only be accepting a few applications in Fall 2017 for Spring 2018 entry–well below the percentage accepted in previous semesters” so I am hoping they release decision earlier for spring 2019.

I am scared now, I have 3.89 GPA and one B in one of my First CS Class, but after that I took higher CS Class and made A in it, I took the recommendation from that same prof that I got B in and he said he wrote a pretty good recommendation for me, I am trying to transfer from Texas State and I have all A’s so far with 36 credits except the one I told above. I am honors student with some IEEE-CS and Leadership Org activities in my resume. wbu ?

@AggieCSdream That means I have to make straight A’s this semester as well for a better chances of getting in, I meet the minimum classes it requires for admission decision like chemistry-1, physics-1 and both math classes and all A’s in them, I am in the second physics class they recommend to have, so I have met the criteria at-least, but I am just scared because I got a rejection from UT in summer for this fall because of Less-Seats, that’s why I am praying to god that this doesn’t happen again … I really want to get away from Texas State University. its just not my thing here …

I am sure you will get in CS. Your stats are impressive. I would not worry about it a lot with those stats. I was just a Treasurer For my student Government club at my Community College and had some volunteer hours. there were where no clubs really related to my major at my community college. I just hope we get a decision before December so that we will find enough time to find a reasonable place to stay.

For sure man, I hope we all get in, because I know how it feels when you get rejected because of Less Seats and Less Availability, UT was my dream, but I guess A&M is equally competitive and impressive. Thanks for comforting meat this moment. I check my AIS and howdy portal like 16-17 times a day. @AggieCSdream

Did anyone attend the transfer info session which was held on Ocotber 5th? If so please tell me how it went and what did you learn?

Hi there! I actually called Financial Aid a while back to ask this. She said it would be around November when your finances get updated, but you can always call and see how your application is going. I hope that helps a bit. I too wonder because I have been blessed with random pell grants due to academic integrity and then a full-tuition scholarship from Blinn. I have enough to pay for my first year, but still worry about the future! @hopefulaggie12

I just found this board because I was looking for hope. My DS applied 8/31/18 into the EE program, 3.81 GPA, 65 transfer hours, but still under review and only 3 tabs. Hopefully it means decisions have not been made yet. Congrats to everyone who got accepted already and good luck to the rest.

Welp! Now that the deadline has passed, those of us under review and without tabs can begin to expect some form of notice. Best regards!

any news??? somebody applying for eng?

We are still waiting…most likely won’t hear until first week of November but earlier would be nice. I told my daughter that when and if she finds out to please don’t tell me on text or phone…I want to be surprised. She said that was going to be very hard because she promised I would be the first to know. LOL. I wish there was auto-acceptance for transfers - then we wouldn’t worry so much since there’s always that chance that there are more available spots left. :frowning: So scared!!

Likewise still under review… good to know though that DS is not the only one still waiting. I really started to worry when others were starting to get accepted!

@Rene1994 no not yet. I’m applying to the Computer engineering department